Backup Exec 20.3 Patch Update
This Update contains added platform support, critical updates, and enhancements for Backup Exec 20 revision 1188.0, Backup Exec 20.1 revision 1188.1237, and Backup Exec 20.2 revision 1188.1650.
This update will patch Backup Exec 20.0 (20.0.1188.0), Backup Exec 20.1 (20.0.1188.1237), and Backup Exec 20.2 (20.0.1188.1650) to Backup Exec 20.3 (20.0.1188.1863).
New features/enhancements are included in this release (2018-10-23)
- Support for Windows Server 2019.
- GDPR Guard. Backup Exec users can now block access to certain backed up items for privacy and compliance requirements of an organization. With GDPR Guard, users can specify the list of blocked items that should no longer be viewed or restored using Backup Exec.
- Retry backup for only failed resources. Backup Exec users can now retry a failed backup job for only those resources that failed during the last run.
- Backup virtual machine disks selectively VMware . You can now choose which virtual disks to include or exclude when backing up VMware virtual machines.. This feature is only applicable for virtual machines hosted on VMware vSphere.
- Support for new cloud storage Alibaba. Alibaba Cloud Object Storage Service (OSS) is now supported by Backup Exec Cloud Connector.
- Microsoft Exchange 2016 CU10
- Microsoft Exchange 2019
- Oracle 12c R2
- CentOS 7.5
- Oracle Linux 7.5
- Red Hat Linux 7.5
- vSphere 6.7 Update
For more information on what’s new in Backup Exec 20.3 Patch Update please refer to the updated Readme document that is Available Here.
Product Documentation is Available Here.
Backup Exec 20.3 Patch Update Release Notes: (100044290)
- Backup Exec 20.0 revision 1188 x64bit Media Servers
- Backup Exec 20.0 revision 1188 32bit Agent for Windows Servers
- Backup Exec 20.0 revision 1188 x64bit Agent for Windows Servers
- Backup Exec 20.0 revision 1188 x64bit Remote Administration Console
- Backup Exec 20.0 revision 1188 Remote Media Agent for Linux Servers (32bit Linux Platforms) - BERMALS
- Backup Exec 20.0 revision 1188 Remote Media Agent for Linux Servers (64bit Linux Platforms) - BERMALS
- Administrative privileges are required to install this Feature Pack.
- Backup Exec 20, 20.1, or 20.2.
- A full backup is recommended after installing this Feature Pack.
- Remote Agent for Windows Servers will need to be updated after installing this Feature Pack.
- Remote Agent for Linux/Unix Servers (RALUS/RAMS) will need to be updated after installing this Feature Pack.
- Update SDR media.
If you are installing for the first time, please be sure you have the latest Backup Exec installation media with Update 3 embedded. To obtain the latest install media, have your serial number available and go to https://vam.veritas.com to download.
If upgrading from Backup Exec 16 or earlier versions, please visit https://vam.veritas.com to obtain the latest install media and upgrade serial numbers.
This installation guide contains general information for installing Backup Exec product updates as well as special instructions for configurations including Agent for Windows Servers, Remote Agent for Linux/Unix/Macintosh Servers (RALUS/RAMS), Clustered Backup Exec, Central Admin Servers (CASO) installations. https://www.veritas.com/docs/000084036
Uninstalling this Update
This Update cannot be uninstalled.
The date and times in the file list are in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
Backup Exec 64bit Media Servers and 64bit Remote Administration Consoles
Under "C:\Program Files\Veritas\Backup Exec" (Default)
Backup Exec 32bit and 64bit Agent for Windows Servers
Under "C:\Program Files\Veritas\Backup Exec\RAWS" (Default)
See Attachment: TECH100041943_FileVersions.xls
Note: The File Information Spreadsheet attachment contains tabs for each platform supported
Feature Pack File Checksum Information
File size: 525 MB (550,071,266 bytes)
MD5 checksum: 1D1967E3890878A065E2356B163D50A3
SHA1 checksum: AEB58053F8E7D64C88D6D412FC242AD1DDDCD709
File size: 525 MB (550,085,016 bytes)
MD5 checksum: C3FDB2D537BD68F314F6A73009C45ACD
SHA1 checksum: 140548D6A18C5A5CB852EB51CE60BF5312E083B6
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):