VCS-316: Administration of Veritas Backup Exec 2012
Although each product varies in complexity and depth, all certification exams are created specifically for customers and cover core elements measuring technical knowledge against factors such as installation, configuration, product administration, day-to-day maintenance, and basic troubleshooting.
This program consists of a technical exam at a product/version level that validates that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully administer Symantec Backup Exec 2012.
Passing this exam will result in a Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS) certification and counts towards the requirements for a Veritas Certified Professional (VCP) certification in Data Protection.
# of Questions: 95 - 105
Exam Duration: 120 minutes
Passing Score: 60%
Exam Price: $225 USD (or your country’s currency equivalent)
- Symantec Backup Exec 2012 – Administration
Find available Instructor-Led Training (ILT) or Virtual Academy (VA) classes or visit the online eLibrary for self-paced training.
Note: If you do not have prior experience with this product, it is recommended that you complete an in-person, classroom training or Virtual Academy virtual classroom training class in preparation for the VCS exam. If you have experience with this product, you may find an online course equivalent to be sufficient. Be cautioned that attendance in a training course does not guarantee passage of a certification exam.
Below includes the recommended preparation to achieve this level of expertise.
- Exam Objectives (PDF)
- Sample Exam (PDF)
- The study guide is targeted for those who have attended the recommended 5 day training course. This self-study guide summarizes the key lessons and topics in the corresponding certification exam.
- Recommended 3-6 months experience working with Symantec Backup Exec 2012 in a production or lab environment.
- Recommended knowledge of Windows systems as well as network and storage administration.
Familiarity with product documentation for Symantec Backup Exec 2012:
- Symantec Backup Exec 2012 Customer Licensing Guide
- Symantec Backup Exec 2012 Readme First Release Notes
- Symantec Backup Exec 2012 Administrator's Guide
- Symantec Backup Exec 2012 Administrator's Guide Addendum
- Symantec Backup Exec 2012 Utility (BEUTILITY) Guide
- Symantec Backup Exec 2012 Differences Guide
- Symantec Backup Exec 2012 Upgrade Guide
- Symantec Backup Exec EOL Items
- Symantec Backup Exec 2012 Software Compatibility List
- Symantec Backup Exec 2012 Hardware Compatibility List
Hands-on Experience (Real World or Virtual):
- Describe the components of Backup Exec 2012.
- Identify installation/agent and option prerequisites.
- Install, configure, manage, monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot the components of Backup Exec 2012.
- Configure the Backup Exec services account and database.
- Verify installation and perform basic troubleshooting of installation.
- Perform job management and monitoring.
- Generate reports.
- Create a Simplified Disaster Recovery disk and use it for disaster recovery.
- Configure product updates.
- Manage devices and media/backup sets.
- Manage licensing.
Recommended Symantec Backup Exec 2012 Tech Center Modules:
- What’s New in Backup Exec 2012
- Configuring Storage in Backup Exec 2012
- Backup Exec Private Cloud Services
- Installing and Upgrading Backup Exec 2012
- Configuring Backup Jobs
- Configuring Restore Jobs
- Support for Virtual Conversion
- Backup Exec 2012 Agents Enhancements
- Backup Exec 2012 Virtualization Agents Enhancements
- Enterprise Server Option
- PDDE Deduplication Enhancements
To register for an exam, follow these instructions.
Email Certification Team