VCS-254: Administration of Veritas Cluster Server 6.1 for UNIX
Although each product varies in complexity and depth, all certification exams are created specifically for customers and cover core elements measuring technical knowledge against factors such as installation, configuration, deployment, product administration, management, day-to-day maintenance, and basic troubleshooting.
This program consists of a technical exam at a product/version level that validates that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully administer Veritas Cluster Server 6.1 for UNIX.
Passing this exam will result in a Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS) certification and counts towards the requirements for a Veritas Certified Professional (VCP) certification in Storage Management and High Availability for UNIX.
# of Questions: 70 - 80
Exam Duration: 105 minutes
Passing Score: 70%
Exam Price: $225 USD (or your country’s currency equivalent)
Note: If you do not have prior experience with this product, it is recommended that you complete an in-person, classroom training or Virtual Academy virtual classroom training class in preparation for the VCS exam. Be cautioned that attendance in a training course does not guarantee passage of a certification exam.
Recommended preparation steps:
- Exam Objectives (PDF): Download and review exam objectives to understand the scope of topics covered in the certification exam.
- Attend recommended training classes listed above.
- Study Guide (PDF): Review the study guide, which maps key lessons and topics from the associated training course(s) to the exam objectives of the certification exam.
- Gain hands-on experience with the product. Three to six months experience working with Cluster Server 6.1 for UNIX in a production or lab environment is recommended.
- Sample Exam (PDF): Test yourself and your exam-taking skills using the sample exam
In addition, you should be familiar with the following supporting products, skills, technologies, product documentation, and websites:
- Recommended knowledge of UNIX system and network administration.
- Recommended knowledge of storage virtualization and high availability concepts.
- Veritas Cluster Server Administrator’s Guide
- Veritas Cluster Server Bundled Agents Reference Guide
- Veritas Cluster Server Installation Guide
- Veritas Storage Foundation and High Availability Solutions Troubleshooting Guide
- Veritas Cluster Server Agent for Oracle Installation and Configuration Guide
- Veritas Operations Manager Administrator’s Guide
- What's New in Cluster Server 6.1
- Veritas Services and Operations Readiness Tools
- Veritas Communities
- Veritas Support
Recommended hands-on experience (real world or virtual):
- Deploy cluster solutions using Veritas Cluster Server.
- Determine how components external to the cluster may impact high availability.
- Understand cluster concepts, components, and configurations.
- Modify cluster configurations.
- Monitor and manage clusters.
- Perform troubleshooting, including gathering of log files.
- Interface with other technology groups, such as storage and networks.
- Ascertain the impact of cluster customizations, including modifying default values.
To register for an exam, follow these instructions.
Email Certification Team