Promotion Get started with the NetBackup 5240 now!
Veritas is offering a limited time promotion to encourage customers to refresh their existing data protection infrastructure with the NetBackup 5240 Appliance.
Contact a Veritas Authorized Reseller or your Veritas account manager for more information on the NetBackup 5240 promotion.
Get integrated backup that works for you
Used by tens of thousands of organisations, Veritas NetBackup simplifies and strengthens data protection throughout your company. NetBackup Appliances combine turnkey backup and recovery with deduplication solutions in an easy-to-deploy form factor, providing flexibility and cost savings.
- NetBackup 5240: A versatile, cost-optimied, integrated backup appliance that can be deployed for a NetBackup domain as a master server, media server, or both. In addition, it supports expanded storage capacity for deduplicated and non-deduplicated data. Read the Data Sheet
- NetBackup 5330: A performance-optimised, integrated backup media server with high-density storage to support greater performance, capacity, and resilience in the company. Read the Data Sheet
Curtail complexity and cost
Easily build and deploy your organization's backup and deduplication strategy for effective information management. Leverage NetBackup Appliances to maximise IT staff time, operations and storage investment. See how your organization can save time and money by taking the NetBackup Appliance Assessment.
Flexible backup for demanding environments
NetBackup Appliances give organisations an efficient turnkey solution for backup, storage and deduplication.
Providing simple, cost-effective backup and recovery for the data centre, remote offices and virtual environments, these enterprise-class appliances continue to be one of the leaders in the integrated, purpose-built backup appliance (PBBA) market.
Why choose an integrated appliance?
Integrated systems are tightly integrated with backup software to orchestrate the backup and movement of data.
When comparing target versus integrated systems, implementing an integrated appliance for backup and recovery can be a better solution for customers wanting to simplify IT tasks, increase productivity, and reduce operating and capital expenditure costs.
Veritas white paper explores a structured approach to assessing the advantages of the integrated appliance model
Improve operational efficiency
NetBackup Appliances integrate multiple components into a single device, streamlining management, operation and support—and saving you money and critical IT resources. Offering significant benefits over traditional build-your-own (BYO) media servers, NetBackup Appliances give organisations a way to cut costs and remove complexity.
NetBackup Appliances provide significant benefits over traditional build-your-own (BYO) media servers as organisations are able to:
- Implement faster deployments
- Reduce risk by minimising planned and unplanned downtime
- Improve staff efficiencies and enhance service levels
Versatile and cost optimised
The NetBackup 5240 Appliance simplifies backup and recovery and offers OpEx savings over traditional build-your-own media servers.
- Suitable for environments of any size: Expandable up to 201 TB of usable capacity, it is ideal for remote offices, regional offices and enterprise data centres
- Multiple functional roles: Can be deployed as master server, media server or both for a NetBackup environment
- Comprehensive: All-in-one solution simplifies software, hardware, services and support
- Intelligent end-to-end deduplication: Reduces backup size by up to 50 times and bandwidth use by up to 99 percent
- Flexible deduplication options: Deduplication at source, media server or target; inline or post-process
Consolidate and save
Multiple, disparate, point products increase cost and complexity. Veritas NetBackup Appliances enable consolidation of separate data-protection products into a single, unified data-protection platform.
- Reduce CapEx by consolidating multiple point products into a single appliance.
- Reduce OpEx by having fewer point products to manage, upgrade and support.
- Faster scalability and performance as appliances are fully integrated and optimised for NetBackup.
The NetBackup 5300 Appliance series delivers high performance, scalability and resilience to address the most aggressive backup and recovery objectives in the data centre.
Lower CapEx and fewer moving parts
Use all-in-one NetBackup Appliances to simplify media management, increase productivity and provide significant cost savings.
- Backup software: Consolidate backup software products to a single platform.
- Disk storage: Replace virtual tape libraries, target deduplication storage and back up disk storage with a single appliance.
- Tape: Reduce storage costs with Veritas deduplication.
- Data centre space: Combine backup media servers, backup storage and both deduplicated and non-deduplicated data into one appliance.
IDC Executive Brief highlights the evolution of data protection and how backup appliances can form a modern data protection architecture
Performance under pressure
The NetBackup 5300 Appliance series is an integrated-backup media server with storage to support greater performance, capacity and resilience requirements. Simplify and consolidate backup and increase CapEx savings by eliminating traditional point products.
- Scalable: Expandable to 458 TB usable capacity and designed for larger enterprises, data centres and disaster recovery sites.
- Resilient: Enhanced system protection, deduplication pool and storage
- Efficient: Delivers more TB per rack unit, reducing floor space requirements and lowering power and cooling costs
Copilot for Oracle
Self-service Backup and Recovery for database administrators
Veritas revolutionises the backup and recovery of Oracle databases with NetBackup Copilot for Oracle.
This solution combines industry-leading NetBackup software and NetBackup Appliance hardware to deliver breakthrough performance within a self-service operating model. NetBackup Copilot allows DBAs to independently manage backups on their own schedules, maintain visibility across all storage tiers and recover from any available copy.
Backup administrators can implement policies to manage the storage, retention and movement of database backup copies on disk, tape or cloud storage tiers. Copilot dramatically reduces backup times with NetBackup Accelerator for Oracle, significantly increasing database backup performance.
- Faster backup and recovery of Oracle databases
- Easy coordination between the DBA and backup admin
- Reduced storage costs and impacts to production environment
Reduce cost with greater usability
According to independent research from the Enterprise Strategy Group, IT organisations typically spend 64 percent of their budget on maintaining existing infrastructure, while only 36 percent is spent on new technologies that address operational challenges and provide competitive advantage
You work hard to balance strategic initiatives with limited staff and financial resources. With NetBackup and NetBackup Appliances, you can provide greater efficiency—freeing valuable staff time, reducing capital cost and minimising risk. Invest in your future.
Greater insight for greater control
Eliminate time-consuming administration of multiple components—server, storage, OS and backup software. NetBackup Appliances provide a single user interface to streamline management of day-to-day tasks.
- Intelligent policies: NetBackup automatically discovers and protects new virtual machines and database instances and adapts to changing conditions.
- Replication director: Orchestrate hardware snapshots and replication operations to ensure snapshots are application-consistent and easy to restore.
- Auto image replication: Automate the process of moving data to another site for disaster recovery, merging data from multiple sources and synchronising catalogue information to speed recovery.
Organisations that standardised on the NetBackup platform projected an average of 30 percent reduction in operating expenditure (OpEx) costs and received payback within 15 months after their initial investment.
Integrated appliances provide organisations with a single partner to contact for any support questions or issues. This greatly streamlines call resolution, getting you back to achieving your business objectives.
We've made several recent enhancements to improve troubleshooting, automate user support tasks and provide quicker resolution to common support questions.
- Appliance Diagnostic Centre: A single-window, wizard-based tool that helps in resolving appliance issues more effectively
- Veritas Help Centre: A browser-based help delivery system with advanced search, autosuggest and filtering capabilities for NetBackup Appliance features
- Call Home and AutoSupport: Enables a connection with the Veritas Operation Centre to provide responsive support to system issues, actively monitoring the appliance for serviceable events
Fast deployment reduces time to market.
"We absolutely wanted the backup-appliance model because we can deploy it in less than a day. A traditional solution of separate backup software, server and storage would take far longer and would not be practical for us."
- Richard Morris, Solution Line Manager Colt Technology ServicesVIEW MORE
Faster deployment and simplified support
"The NetBackup solution was chosen because it combines backup software, deduplication, replication, servers, storage and networking in an integrated, optimised 3U appliance. This speeds deployment and simplifies support."
- James Mwaniki, Head of Group Network UAP GroupVIEW MORE
Single platform benefits
"We chose Veritas NetBackup Appliances because they combine software, server, storage and deduplication in one pretested, integrated backup appliance. We deal with one vendor for all those components, and we gain the flexibility and service that we need."
- Xie Pei, IT Manager China Everbright BankVIEW MORE