Veritas solutions focus on information, not infrastructure. Our comprehensive 360 approach to multi-cloud data
management provides protection, availability and insight everywhere your information travels.
Explore 360 Data Management
Multi-cloud data management can help you get to the cloud, from the cloud or between clouds, with ease. Our
holistic approach to managing data is built for the multi-cloud and geared for the digital business.
The Veritas General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) solution combines market-leading technologies and the
expertise of our Professional Services advisors to lead you toward compliance.
Veritas services help you take charge of IT and business complexity. We build a trusted advisor relationship,
based on experience and best practices. Our experts help you maximise the value of your information.
We view our entire business through the lens of our customers. By listening to you, your strategic priorities
become our new capabilities. Your successes become our successes. All of our decisions are made with you in
Veritas Technologies empowers businesses of all sizes to discover the truth in information—their most important
digital asset. Eighty-six percent of Fortune 500 companies rely on Veritas today.
These Trademark Usage Guidelines (the "Guidelines") set forth the rules for using or referring to the trademarks and service owned by Veritas Technologies LLC or its affiliates ("Veritas"). For the purposes of these Guidelines, "Veritas Trademark(s)" shall include all registered or unregistered trademarks and service marks (such as words, names, symbols, devices, slogans, or combination of these) owned by Veritas, including but not limited to the trademarks and service marks listed on the Veritas Trademark List.
Veritas considers its trademarks and service marks to be among its most valuable intellectual property assets. As such, Veritas intends to take all appropriate measures to preserve the strength of and retain its exclusive rights to use its marks. Veritas asks that you assist us by following these Guidelines. If you have any questions about the Guidelines, please direct them to email@example.com.
Prohibited uses of Veritas trademarks
1. Do not use Veritas trademarks as the name of your company, products or services, as a domain name or social media profile. You may not use or register in any jurisdiction, whether foreign or domestic, any Veritas Trademark as all or part of your company, product, or service name in a manner that is likely to create confusion as to Veritas’ sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement of your company, product or service, or that may dilute the Veritas trademark. Similarly, you may not use or register in any jurisdiction, whether foreign or domestic, a domain name or social media profile or name that incorporates any Veritas trademark in bad faith or in a manner that is likely to create confusion as to Veritas sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement of your company, product or service.
2. Do not use Veritas logos without permission. You may not use any Veritas logo unless you have an agreement with or express written consent from Veritas authorising such use.
3. Do not use Veritas trademarks in false or misleading advertising. Advertising for Veritas or its products or services offered under the Veritas trademarks must not be false or misleading in any way and must not be in violation of any applicable law, municipal ordinance or administrative agency regulation of any country.
4. Do not use Veritas trademarks In objectionable material. You may not use Veritas trademarks on or in connection with, at the sole discretion of Veritas, any defamatory, scandalous, pornographic or other objectionable materials of any sort.
5. Do not use Veritas trademarks to disparage Veritas. You may not use Veritas trademarks to disparage Veritas, its products or services, or in a manner that, in Veritas judgment, may diminish or otherwise damage the reputation of Veritas or the goodwill in the Veritas trademarks.
Permissible uses of Veritas trademarks
1. Use Veritas trademarks to refer to Veritas products or services. With the exception of Veritas logos (the use of which must be expressly authorised by Veritas), you generally may use Veritas trademarks to refer to Veritas products or services in advertising, promotional and sales materials, provided that you have the necessary authority to sell or promote Veritas products or services, e.g. authorised reseller, licensee, etc.
2. Use Veritas trademarks to indicate a relationship to Veritas products. You may indicate the relationship of your products and services to Veritas products or services by using an accurate referential phrase in connection with your product or service, for example, "for use with Veritas software" or "compatible with Veritas software" provided that: (a) the Veritas trademark appears less prominently than the product or service name; (b) the Veritas trademark is not a part of or incorporated in your product or service name; and (c) the referential phrase is accurate and complies with the requirements set forth in any license agreement with Veritas.
Rules for proper usage of Veritas trademarks
Proper usage of Veritas Trademarks is important for their continued protection.Proper usage aids consumers who depend upon Veritas' goods and services and helps prevent Veritas Trademarks from losing their distinctiveness and becoming generic.Licensees of Veritas Trademarks may have different rules of usage set out in their licence agreement, in which case Licensees should follow those guidelines.
1. Set Veritas trademarks apart from surrounding text. When a Veritas trademark is used in a non-stylised form, such as in the body text of an advertisement, it should be set apart and distinguished from the other words in the text. In order to do this, the Veritas trademark may be rendered in boldface type, italics, capital letters, underscored or set in quotation marks.
A variety of resellers and distributors sell NetBackupTM software.
A variety of resellers and distributors sell netbackup software.
2. Use Veritas trademarks as adjectives. Trademarks are adjectives and should be followed by the generic term they modify, such as "software" or "product". Never use a trademark as a noun, a verb or in the possessive form.
NetBackupTM software delivers the latest backup and restore technology.
NetBackupTM your computer with the latest backup and restore technology.
NetBackup’sTM latest backup and restore technology.
3. Do not abbreviate or alter the spelling of Veritas trademarks. You should not vary the appearance of Veritas trademarks by abbreviating them, incorporating them into acronyms, changing their spellings or using improper capitalisation. The Veritas trademark list provides the proper spelling and capitalisation for each trademark.
Netbackup or NBU
BackupExec or BE
4. Use the proper trademark symbol. A Veritas trademark should appear with the proper trademark symbol, which can be found on the Veritas trademark list. In written materials, the appropriate symbol must be used with the first or most prominent appearance of the Veritas trademark in headlines and the first time the Veritas trademark appears in body text. This appropriate symbol also should be used on each subsequent page if the topic is different or if the pages can be separated and distributed independently. If the materials, product packaging or web page includes a properly licensed Veritas logo, which already includes the appropriate trademark symbol, it is not necessary to include a trademark symbol after the word "Veritas" in the text in that material, product packaging or web page.
5. Use the proper trademark attribution statement. All marketing collateral, advertisements, product packaging, web pages, manuals and studies that include Veritas trademarks must also include the proper trademark attribution statement crediting ownership of the Veritas trademarks to Veritas Technologies LLC. Typically, the attribution statement is displayed at the end of the material, in the footer of the document or on the back of the package. The correct trademark attribution statement is:
Veritas and the Veritas logo, [if applicable, list here any other trademarks found on the Veritas Trademarks List that are referred to or displayed in the document] are trademarks or registered trademarks of Veritas Technologies LLC or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
In materials displaying a Veritas logo and referring to Backup Exec and Veritas NetBackupTM products, the correct trademark attribution statement is:
Veritas, the Veritas logo, Backup Exec and NetBackup are trademarks or registered trademarks of Veritas Technologies LLC or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Usage rules for Veritas as a trade name
"Veritas" functions not only as a trademark mark and service mark identifying goods and services offered by Veritas Technologies LLC, but also as a trade name or company name referring to Veritas Technologies LLC. Trade names are nouns and therefore should not be followed by a generic descriptor and may be used in the possessive form. When used as a trade name, "Veritas" should not be followed by a trademark symbol. Within documents, the first reference to the trade or company name should be "Veritas Technologies LLC." "Veritas" can be used for subsequent references.
Usage rules for Veritas logos
You may not use any Veritas logo unless you have an agreement with or express written consent from Veritas authorising such use. In the event that you are authorised to use a Veritas logo, the use must comply with these additional guidelines (or the usage guidelines set forth in your license agreement, if those guidelines differ).
1. Use only the approved master artwork. The Veritas logos are single, standalone pieces of artwork. When reproducing the logos, use only the master artwork provided by Veritas. Do not alter or distort the appearance of the logo in anyway, for example by adding your own design elements or colors or changing the font. The logo must always look sharp, clean and well produced.
2. Allow a minimum clear space around the Veritas logo. Always allow for a minimum clear space around the Veritas logo. Never violate the clear space with any graphic elements, words or charts.
3. Maintain legibility. Never reproduce the logo in a manner that causes the logo to become illegible or blurry, which may happen if the logo is reproduced too small.
4. Do not use Veritas logos as a decorative device. Do not use any Veritas logos for purely decorative purposes in any marketing collateral, packaging or web site without the express written permission of Veritas.
Misuse of Veritas trademarks by others
If you learn of any uses of any logos, icons or images that are confusingly similar to the Veritas trademarks, please notify Veritas by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Similarly, if you become aware of any use of a Veritas trademark that violates any of the rules described above, including failure to identify Veritas trademarks as belonging to Veritas Technologies LLC, please notify us at email@example.com. If possible, please provide a copy of the article or other medium in which the trademark violation appeared.
Questions? Call Us: (44) 08002-799810