Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ Add-in for Microsoft SCVMM Console Guide
Last Published: 2021-01-01
Product(s): NetBackup (220.127.116.11, 9.0)
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup Add-in for SCVMM
- Configuring the NetBackup Recovery Wizard
- Recovering virtual machines
- Restore Virtual Machine Wizard screens
Installation message: Add-in cannot be installed
Lack of user permissions may cause the error "Add-in cannot be installed" during installation of the NetBackup Add-in for SCVMM.
For example, the error may occur in the following situation:
User Account Control is enabled on the SCVMM console host, and
The user who installs the add-in on the SCVMM console is not the user who installed the System Center.
During the add-in installation, the following message appears:
To grant installation permissions to all authenticated users on the SCVMM console host
- On the SCVMM console host, browse to the following location:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\Virtual Machine Manager\bin
- Right-click the
AddInPipelinefolder, and click Properties.
- Click Advanced on the Security tab, and click Continue.
- Select the BUILTIN group, and click Edit.
- Click Select a principal.
- Enter Authenticated Users, and click OK.
- To close each properties dialog, click OK.
The following Microsoft article contains further information on this issue:
- To install the NetBackup Add-in for SCVMM: