Veritas NetBackup™ Add-in for Microsoft SCVMM Console Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup Add-in for SCVMM
- Configuring the NetBackup Recovery Wizard
- Recovering virtual machines
- Restore Virtual Machine Wizard screens
Installing the NetBackup Add-in for SCVMM
This topic describes how to obtain the installation files and install the NetBackup Add-in for SCVMM.
Table: NetBackup Add-in for SCVMM: installation requirements
NetBackup add-in installation file
You can download the installation file
SCVMM console host
Download the installation .zip file to the SCVMM console host, or to a different Windows host.
The Windows host must have network connectivity to the SCVMM server.
SCVMM server(s) and their credentials
When the add-in is installed, it runs in the SCVMM console.
The following are required to complete the add-in installation:
Additional user access
Additional user access may be needed in the following situation:
To install the NetBackup Add-in for SCVMM
- On the MyVeritas website, log on with your MyVeritas account:
For logon assistance, see your account Administrator, or contact Veritas:
- Click Licensing on the MyVeritas menu bar.
The Veritas Entitlement Management System (VEMS) appears.
- Click Entitlements, then click More Options.
- In the Product Name field, enter NetBackup and click Apply Filters.
Your NetBackup product entitlements appear in the list.
- For one of the NetBackup products in the list, click the Download Product icon under Actions.
A list of NetBackup product versions appears.
- For one of the NetBackup products, click the Download Product icon again.
- Select the
NetBackup_9.0_Plugins.zipfile and download the file to the SCVMM console host.
For assistance with the Veritas Entitlement Management System, see the following article:
- Unzip the downloaded
NetBackup_9.0_Plugins.zipfile and locate the
The path to the
VRTSNBUAddIn.zipfile is the following:
Do not unzip the
VRTSNBUAddIn.zipfile. That zip file is needed for installation of the add-in.
Zip files for other NetBackup plug-ins are also included in the downloaded
NetBackup_9.0_Plugins.zipfile. Those files are not required for the NetBackup Add-in for SCVMM.
- Launch the SCVMM console and connect to the SCVMM server.
You need the server's host name or IP address, and its logon credentials.
- In the SCVMM console, open the Settings workspace, then click the Import Console Add-in option in the SCVMM ribbon.
The Import Console Add-in Wizard appears.
- In the Select an Add-in screen, click Browse and browse for the
Several warnings appear. These warnings can be safely ignored.
- Click Continue installing this add-in anyway.
If the Import Console Add-in Wizard states "The Add-in cannot be installed," you may need additional user access.
See Installation message: Add-in cannot be installed.
When you have the required user access, browse for the NetBackup add-in file again (step 11) and continue this installation procedure.
- On the Summary screen, click Finish.
If the NetBackup add-in is installed on a Windows host that has a non-English system locale, SCVMM may issue a message when the installation completes.
See Installation message regarding localized environments.
The imported add-in appears in the Jobs window of the SCVMM console, and in the Settings workspace under Console Add-ins.
- If you had logged into the SCVMM console with your own credentials, restart the SCVMM console when prompted.
If you selected the Use current Microsoft Windows session identity option, a restart is not required.
To use the NetBackup add-in, you must log on to the SCVMM console with the Administrator role. If you log on to SCVMM with a different role, the add-in functionality is disabled.
The first time you use the NetBackup add-in, an End User License Agreement (EULA) appears. To use the add-in, you must accept the EULA.
- If the NetBackup master server uses an external certificate, see the following topic: