Veritas NetBackup™ Appliance Release Notes
- About NetBackup appliance 126.96.36.199
- NetBackup appliance 188.8.131.52 features, enhancements, and changes
- NetBackup Appliance Hardware features
- NetBackup Appliance compatibility
- Operational notes
- About NetBackup support utilities
- Appendix A. Release content
- Appendix B. Related documents
About NetBackup Appliance software upgrades
When a software update release is available, Veritas recommends that you install it to make sure that you have the latest product features and fixes.
When you upgrade appliance software, the update release may install an updated version of the operating system, NetBackup, and all appliance interfaces. All services are shut down automatically when the upgrade begins, and then restarted automatically after all updates have been applied.
If an appliance is currently using a version earlier than 3.0, you must upgrade twice to get to version 184.108.40.206. Veritas recommends that you upgrade to version 3.0, and then upgrade to version 220.127.116.11.
Veritas recommends that you plan your appliance upgrades in advance to help minimize system down time. For complete upgrade details, refer to the NetBackup Appliance Upgrade Guide.