Veritas NetBackup Snapshot Client Administrator's Guide
- Snapshot Client features
- About snapshot basics
- Off-host backup overview
- Off-host backup methods
- About alternate client backup
- Snapshot Client requirements
- Policy configuration
- Selecting the snapshot method
- Configuration parameters for Snapshot Client
- About using alternate client backup
- Configuring alternate client backup
- Policy configuration tips
- About disabling snapshots
- FlashBackup configuration
- Instant Recovery configuration
- About Instant Recovery
- About sizing the cache for Instant Recovery copy-on-write snapshots
- About configuring VxVM
- About storage lifecycle policies for snapshots
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) snapshot configuration
- Configuration of software-based snapshot methods
- Software-based snapshot methods
- Cache device requirements
- About VxFS_Checkpoint
- About VxVM
- About FlashSnap
- About VVR
- About VSS
- Software-based snapshot methods
- Support for Cluster Volume Manager Environments (CVM)
- Configuration of snapshot methods for disk arrays
- About the new disk array snapshot methods
- Disk array configuration tasks
- OS-specific configuration tasks
- About VSS configuration (Windows)
- About EMC CLARiiON arrays
- Configuring NetBackup to access the CLARiiON array
- Configuring a NetBackup policy for a CLARiiON array method
- About EMC Symmetrix arrays
- About configuration for EMC_TimeFinder_Mirror
- About configuration for EMC_TimeFinder_Clone
- About HP EVA arrays
- Verifying connectivity from clients to array using SSSU 5.0
- About IBM DS6000 and DS8000 arrays
- Configuring NetBackup to access the IBM DS6000 or DS8000 array
- About IBM DS4000 array
- About Hitachi SMS/WMS/AMS, USP/NSC, USP-V/VM
- Hitachi array software requirements
- About HP-XP arrays
- About array troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting issues pertaining to all arrays
- Troubleshooting IBM DS6000 and DS8000 arrays
- Troubleshooting IBM4000 arrays
- Troubleshooting Hitachi arrays
- Notes on Media Server and Third-Party Copy methods
- Backup and restore procedures
- About restores from a FlashBackup backup
- Instant Recovery restore features
- About Instant Recovery: block-level restore
- About Instant Recovery: file promotion
- About Instant Recovery: Fast File Resync (Windows clients only)
- About Instant Recovery: point in time rollback
- About configurations for restore
- About restoring from a disk snapshot
- Logging directories for UNIX platforms
- Logging folders for Windows platforms
- FlashBackup and status code 13
- Appendix A. Managing nbu_snap (Solaris)
- Appendix B. Overview of snapshot operations
- Appendix C. NetBackup integration with CloudPoint for snapshot managment
About NetBackup and CloudPoint integration for snapshot management
Using the NetBackupSnapshot management framework, you can use CloudPoint for taking snapshots of your images. With this release, you can protect all the on-premises storage arrays that are supported by CloudPoint.
The following table describes the underlying tasks.
Table: Tasks for snapshot management using Snapshot management framework
Configure the CloudPoint server in NetBackup.
You can configure the CloudPoint server as a snapshot management server. To configure the CloudPoint server in NetBackup you need to add the credentials of the CloudPoint server.
Configure the CloudPoint plug-ins in NetBackup.
The CloudPoint plug-ins for snapshot management that you have installed on the CloudPoint server must be registered and configured in NetBackup with the associated CloudPoint server.
Configure the policy to use VSO snapshot method
Consider the following when integrating NetBackup with CloudPoint:
Deletion of CloudPoint host entry and its associated plugins is not supported in NetBackup.
Using CloudPoint, if you delete plugins that are configured in NetBackup, the images of snapshots taken using CloudPoint will be unusable.
Post integration, all the related operations must be performed from NetBackup. Results of operations performed outside NetBackup, wouldn't be visible in NetBackup. CloudPoint has its own RBAC, where NetBackup is one of the users and operations performed only through NetBackup will be visible in NetBackup. For example, even though you can add CloudPoint plug-in from CloudPoint, you must add the plug-in from NetBackup, or the plug-in may not be visible in NetBackup.
HP-UX Native Volume Group Version 2.0 and later is not supported.
Raw device and raw partitions are not supported.
File system verification is not supported. You must skip the verification step and perform a force roll back. In the Restore Marked Files dialog box, select the checkbox.
Live browse is not supported. You will not able to see the contents of the backup selection.
Consider all the CloudPoint limitations. See, Veritas CloudPoint Administartor's Guide.
NetBackup integration is not supported with the CloudPoint freemium version.
It is recommended not to reinstall the CloudPoint server but to upgrade it. However, if you reinstall the CloudPoint server you need to reconfigure the CloudPoint server and the associated CloudPoint plug-ins.