Veritas NetBackup™ for OpenStack Administrator's Guide
- Deploying OpenStack plug-in for NetBackup
- Configuring NetBackup for OpenStack
- Configuring NetBackup BigData policy for OpenStack
- Performing backups and restores of OpenStack
Creating BigData policy using the NetBackup Administration Console
If you prefer using thefor creating BigData policy, you can use either of the following methods:
Creating a BigData policy using the
Creating a BigData policy using the NetBackuputility
To create a BigData policy with the Policy Configuration Wizard
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, in the left pane, click NetBackup Management.
- In the right pane, click Create a Policy to begin the Policy Configuration Wizard.
- Select the type of policy to create:
BigData policy : A policy to backup openstack data
- Select the storage unit type for BigData policy.
- Click Next to start the wizard and follow the prompts.
Click Help on any wizard panel for assistance while running the wizard.
To create a BigData policy with the NetBackup Policies utility
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, in the left pane, expand NetBackup Management > Policies.
- On the Actions menu, click New > Policy.
- Type a unique name for the new policy in the Add a New Policy dialog box.
- On the Attributes tab, select BigData as the policy type.
- On the Attributes tab, select the storage unit for BigData policy type.
- On the Schedules tab, click New to create a new schedule.
You can create a schedule for a Full Backup, for your BigData policy. Once you set the schedule, OpenStack data is backed up automatically as per the set schedule without any further user intervention.
- On the Clients tab, enter the IP address or the host name of the NameNode.
- On the Backup Selections tab, enter the following parameters and their values as shown:
The parameter values are case-sensitive.
The backup host must be a Linux computer. The backup host can be a NetBackup client or a media server.
You can specify multiple backup hosts.
Instance to back up
You can specify multiple file paths.
Instance name used for backup selection while defining BigData Policy with Application_Type=openstack must not contain space or special character in their names.
- Click OK to save the changes.