Veritas NetBackup™ for Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV)
- Prerequisites, notes, and restrictions
- Configuring NetBackup communication with AHV
- Adding a backup host to the NetBackup master server
- Managing SSL certificates
- Configuring NetBackup policies for AHV
- Backup and restore
- Troubleshooting issues
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to backup and restore Nutanix AHV virtual machines
Adding a backup host to the NetBackup master server
The backup host is a key component in the NetBackup and Nutanix communication environment. The backup host acts as a channel to establish an indirect communication between the NetBackup master server and the Acropolis cluster.
To add a backup host, you must start by creating apolicy. During policy creation, you are prompted to specify backup selections. In the backup selections, you are required to specify a backup host.
To add a backup host from the NetBackup Administration Console:
- Create a BigData policy from the NetBackup Administration Console using the Policies utility.
See Creating a . policy using the NetBackup Policies utility
- On the Backup Selections tab, click Add and enter the following parameter to add a backup host:
Backup_Host=<Fully Qualified Domain Name>
To add a backup host from the NetBackup Command Line Interface
- Create a BigData policy using the NetBackup Command Line Interface.
See Creating a . policy using the NetBackup Command Line Interface
- Run the following command to add a backup host
bpplinclude policy_name -add pathname or directive...
For example: bpplinclude nutanix -add Backup_Host=<Fully Qualified Domain Name>