Veritas NetBackup™ for Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV)
- Prerequisites, notes, and restrictions
- Configuring NetBackup communication with AHV
- Adding a backup host to the NetBackup master server
- Managing SSL certificates
- Configuring NetBackup policies for AHV
- Backup and restore
- Troubleshooting issues
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to backup and restore Nutanix AHV virtual machines
Basic phases in a NetBackup backup of an AHV
The following table provides an overview of the processes that NetBackup undertakes during an AHV backup.
Phase 1: Validation of apolicy
NetBackup validates thepolicy that you have created to backup the AHV virtual machines.
Phase 2: Initiation of a backup job
A backup job is triggered manually or according to the schedule that you have specified during policy creation.
Phase 3: Discovery of clients and commencing to backup the data on the clients
The backup process triggers two jobs - a parent job and a child job.
Phase 4: Completion of the backup job
On successful completion of a backup, the NetBackup client on the backup host unmounts and then deletes the snapshot.