Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ Logging Reference Guide
Last Published: 2017-07-21
Product(s): NetBackup (8.0)
- Using logs
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- About global logging levels
- Troubleshooting error messages in the NetBackup Administration Console
- Backup process and logging
- Media and device processes and logging
- Restore process and logging
- Advanced Backup and Restore Features
- Storage logging
- NetBackup Deduplication logging
- OpenStorage Technology (OST) logging
- Snapshot technologies
- Locating logs
- Java-based administration console logging
Setting retention limits for logs on clients
To set retention limits for logs on UNIX clients
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, in the left pane, expand Host Properties > Clients.
- In the right pane, double-click the client you want to modify.
- In the properties dialog box, click UNIX Client.
- In the Client Settings dialog box, find the Keep status of user-directed backups, archives, and restores for field.
- Enter the number of days you want to retain the log files, and click OK.
To set the retention limits for logs on Windows clients
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, on the File menu, click Backup, Archive, and Restore.
- In the Backup, Archive, and Restore interface, on the File menu, click NetBackup Client Properties.
- In the NetBackup Client Properties dialog box, select the General tab.
- In the Keep status of user-directed backups, archives, and restores for field, enter the number of days you want to retain the log files.
- Click OK.