Veritas NetBackup™ Logging Reference Guide
- Using logs
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- About global logging levels
- Troubleshooting error messages in the NetBackup Administration Console
- Backup process and logging
- Media and device processes and logging
- Restore process and logging
- Advanced Backup and Restore Features
- Storage logging
- NetBackup Deduplication logging
- OpenStorage Technology (OST) logging
- Snapshot technologies
- Locating logs
- Java-based administration console logging
Directory names for legacy debug logs for media and device management
The debug log directories enable logging for the media management processes and device management processes. Table: Media and device management legacy debug logs describes the directories you need to create to support legacy debug logs for media and device management. Each directory corresponds to a process.
Table: Media and device management legacy debug logs
Unless it is noted, each directory should be created under the following directory.
NetBackup creates 1 log per day in each of the debug directories.
You can disable debug logging by deleting or renaming the following directory:
Windows: NetBackup Volume Manager service
UNIX: vmd command