Veritas NetBackup™ Logging Reference Guide
- Using logs
- Changing the logging levels
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Backup process and logging
- Media and device processes and logging
- Restore process and logging
- Advanced backup and restore features
- Storage logging
- NetBackup Deduplication logging
- OpenStorage Technology (OST) logging
- Storage lifecycle policy (SLP) and Auto Image Replication (A.I.R.) logging
- NetBackup secure communication logging
- NetBackup proxy helper logging
- NetBackup proxy tunnel logging
- Snapshot technologies
- Locating logs
- NetBackup Administration Console logging
- Using the Logging Assistant
Types of unified logging messages
Application log messages
Application log messages include informational, warning, and error messages. They are always logged and cannot be disabled. These messages are localized.
An example of an application message follows:
12/04/2015 15:48:54.101 [Application] NB 51216 nbjm 117 PID:5483 TID:14 File ID:117 [reqid=-1446587750] [Info] V-117-40 BPBRM pid = 17446
Diagnostic log messages
Diagnostic log messages are the unified logging equivalent of the legacy debug log messages. They can be issued at various levels of detail (similar to verbose levels in legacy logging). These messages are localized.
Diagnostic messages can be disabled with the vxlogcfg command.
An example of a diagnostic message follows:
12/04/2015 15:48:54.608 [Diagnostic] NB 51216 nbjm 117 PID:5483 TID:14 File ID:117 [No context] 3 V-117-298 [JobInst_i::requestResourcesWithTimeout] callback object timeout=600
Debug log messages
Debug log messages are intended primarily for Veritas engineering. Like diagnostic messages, they can be issued at various levels of detail. These messages are not localized.
Debug messages can be disabled with the vxlogcfg command.
An example of a debug message follows:
12/04/2015 15:48:56.982 [Debug] NB 51216 nbjm 117 PID:5483 TID:14 File ID:117 [jobid=2 parentid=1] 1 [BackupJob::start()] no pending proxy requests, start the job