Veritas InfoScale™ 7.3 Getting Started Guide - AIX
- Veritas InfoScale products overview
- Installation and configuration of Veritas InfoScale products
- Patching and updating
- Appendix A. How the discs are organized
- Appendix B. Where to find more information
Disabling external network connection attempts
When you execute the installer command, the installer attempts to make an outbound networking call to get information about release updates and installer patches. If you know your systems are behind a firewall, or do not want the installer to make outbound networking calls, you can disable external network connection attempts by the installer.
To disable external network connection attempts
- Disable inter-process communication (IPC).
To disable IPC, run the installer with the -noipc option.
For example, to disable IPC for system1 (sys1) and system2 (sys2) enter the following:
# ./installer -noipc sys1 sys2