Veritas InfoScale™ 7.3 Getting Started Guide - AIX
- Veritas InfoScale products overview
- Installation and configuration of Veritas InfoScale products
- Patching and updating
- Appendix A. How the discs are organized
- Appendix B. Where to find more information
Installing your Veritas InfoScale product
Before you install, run the installation program with the -precheck option to check the recommended swap space, optimal memory size, and supported operating system versions.
# ./installer -precheck sys1 sys2
Keep the following information handy before you start the installation:
The system name with the fully-qualified domain name
The product license key if there are no plans to use keyless licensing
The cluster name and cluster ID (high availability products only)
The public NIC device name (high availability products only)
The private heartbeat NIC device name (high availability products only)
To install your product
- Mount the media or navigate to the installation directory.
- From this directory, type the following command to start the installation on the local system. Use this command to install on remote systems if Secure Shell or Remote Shell communication modes are configured:
- Follow the prompts of the installation program to install your product.