Veritas InfoScale™ 7.3 Getting Started Guide - AIX
- Veritas InfoScale products overview
- Installation and configuration of Veritas InfoScale products
- Patching and updating
- Appendix A. How the discs are organized
- Appendix B. Where to find more information
Checking installed product versions and downloading maintenance releases and patches
Use the installer command with the -version option to:
Determine the product filesets that are installed on your system.
Download required maintenance releases or patches .
The version option or the showversion script in the
/opt/VRTS/install directory checks the specified systems and discovers the following:
Veritas InfoScale product versions that are installed on the system
All the required filesets and the optional filesets installed on the system
Any required or optional filesets (if applicable) that are not present
Available base releases (major or minor)
Available maintenance releases
Available patch releases
To check your systems and download maintenance releases and patches
- Mount the media, or navigate to the installation directory.
- Start the installer with the -version option.
# ./installer -version sys1 sys2
For each system, the installer lists all of the installed base releases, maintenance releases, and patches, followed by the lists of available downloads.
- If you have Internet access, follow the prompts to download the available maintenance releases and patches to the local system.
- If you do not have Internet access, you can download any needed maintenance releases and patches from the Veritas Services and Operations Readiness Tools (SORT) website in the Patch Finder page at:
You can obtain installer patches automatically or manually.
Downloading maintenance releases and patches requires the installer to make outbound networking calls. You can also disable external network connection attempts.