Veritas InfoScale™ 7.3 Getting Started Guide - AIX
- Veritas InfoScale products overview
- Installation and configuration of Veritas InfoScale products
- Patching and updating
- Appendix A. How the discs are organized
- Appendix B. Where to find more information
Automatically assessing your systems
You can use the data collection tool available on the Veritas Services and Operations Readiness Tools (SORT) website to create a custom report that assesses your systems for installation readiness, and provides all the information you need to install your Veritas InfoScale product.
If you automatically assess your systems, you can skip the instructions for creating a preinstallation checklist and checking the hardware compatibility list. The automatic assessment already generates that information.
To automatically assess your systems
- Go to the My SORT page on the SORT website at:
- Find the Custom Reports using Data Collectors widget.
- Click the Data Collector tab.
- Click the appropriate link in the Platform column to download the data collection tool for your environment.
- Follow the instructions in the readme file to install the data collection tool.
- In your environment, run the data collection tool on each of the systems on which you plan to install the product. The data collection tool analyzes your systems and stores the results in an XML file.
- On the widget's Upload Report tab, upload the XML file to generate a report.
If you plan to do a lot of Veritas Infoscale product installations, consider bookmarking the My SORT page on the SORT website at: