VCS-253: Administration of Veritas Cluster Server 6.0 for UNIX
Although each product varies in complexity and depth, all certification exams are created specifically for customers and cover core elements measuring technical knowledge against factors such as installation, configuration, product administration, day-to-day maintenance, and basic troubleshooting.
This program consists of a technical exam at a product/version level that validates that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully administer Veritas Cluster Server 6.0 for Unix.
Passing this exam will result in a Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS) certification and counts towards the requirements for a Veritas Certified Professional (VCP) certification in Storage Management and High Availability for UNIX.
# of Questions: 90 - 100
Exam Duration: 120 minutes
Passing Score: 74%
Exam Price: $225 USD (or your country’s currency equivalent)
- Veritas Cluster Server 6.0 for Unix: Administration
Find available Instructor-Led Training (ILT) or Virtual Academy (VA) classes or visit the online eLibrary for self-paced training.
Note: If you do not have prior experience with this product, it is recommended that you complete an in-person, classroom training or Virtual Academy virtual classroom training class in preparation for the VCS exam. If you have experience with this product, you may find an online course equivalent to be sufficient. Be cautioned that attendance in a training course does not guarantee passage of a certification exam.
Below includes the recommended preparation to achieve this level of expertise.
- Exam Objectives (PDF)
- Sample Exam (PDF)
- The study guide is targeted for those who have attended the recommended 5 day training course. This self-study guide summarizes the key lessons and topics in the corresponding certification exam.
- Recommended 3-6 months experience working with Veritas Cluster Server 6.0 for Unix in a production or lab environment.
- Recommended knowledge of UNIX system and network administration.
- Recommended knowledge of storage virtualization and high availability concepts.
- Recommended Symantec Certified Specialist in Veritas Storage Foundation 6.0 or equivalent working knowledge of Veritas Storage Foundation
Familiarity with product documentation:
- Veritas Cluster Server Administrator’s Guide
- Veritas Cluster Server Bundled Agents Reference Guide
- Veritas Cluster Server Installation Guide
- Veritas Storage Foundation and High Availability Solutions Troubleshooting Guide
- Veritas Cluster Server Agent for Oracle Installation and Configuration Guide
- Veritas Operations Manager Administrator’s Guide
- What's New in VCS 6.0
Hands-on Experience (Real World or Virtual):
- Deploy cluster solutions using Veritas Cluster Server.
- Determine how components external to the cluster may impact high availability.
- Understand cluster concepts, components, and configurations.
- Modify cluster configurations.
- Monitor and manage clusters.
- Perform troubleshooting, including gathering of log files.
- Interface with other technology groups, such as storage and networks.
- Ascertain the impact of cluster customizations, including modifying default values.
To register for an exam, follow these instructions.
Email Certification Team