VCS-371: Administration of Veritas NetBackup 7.5 for Windows
Although each product varies in complexity and depth, all certification exams are created specifically for customers and cover core elements measuring technical knowledge against factors such as installation, configuration, product administration, day-to-day maintenance, and troubleshooting.
This program consists of technical exams at a product/version level that validate that the successful candidate has important knowledge and skills necessary to plan, install, configure, and maintain NetBackup version 7.5 for Windows.
Passing this exam will result in a Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS) certification and counts towards the requirements for a Veritas Certified Professional (VCP) certification in Data Protection.
# of Questions: 90 - 100
Exam Duration: 120 minutes
Passing Score: 65%
Languages: English, Japanese
Exam Price: $225 USD (or your country’s currency equivalent)
Other Recommended Courses:
Note: If you do not have prior experience with this product, it is recommended that you complete an in-person, classroom training or Virtual Academy virtual classroom training class in preparation for the VCS exam. Be cautioned that attendance in a training course does not guarantee passage of a certification exam.
Recommended preparation steps:
- Exam Objectives (PDF): Download and review exam objectives to understand the scope of topics covered in the certification exam.
- Attend recommended training classes listed above.
- Study Guide (PDF): Review the study guide, which maps key lessons and topics from the associated training course(s) to the exam objectives of the certification exam.
- Gain hands-on experience with the product. Eight to twelve months experience administering NetBackup or working in Technical Support is recommended.
- Sample Exam (PDF): Test yourself and your exam-taking skills using the sample exam
In addition, you should be familiar with the following supporting products, skills, technologies, product documentation, and websites:
Recommended hands-on experience (real world or virtual):
- Install NetBackup 7.5 server and client software on supported Windows-based platforms.
- Upgrade a NetBackup environment to version 7.5, including the upgrade of master server, media server, and client software on supported Windows-based platforms.
- Describe NetBackup terminology and architecture.
- Describe NetBackup communication mechanisms.
- Describe NetBackup general hardware and software requirements.
- Start and stop NetBackup on supported NetBackup server and client platforms.
- Perform common NetBackup configuration tasks, including (but not limited to): device configuration, media manager and disk storage unit configuration, storage unit group configuration, volume and volume pool configuration, storage server and disk pool configuration, and policy, schedule, and storage lifecycle policy configuration.
- Perform common NetBackup administrative tasks, including (but not limited to): device monitoring and status manipulation, storage unit and storage unit group monitoring, removable media monitoring and management tasks, policy, schedule, and storage lifecycle policy administration, job monitoring and administration, NetBackup report generation and analysis.
- Identify and collect NetBackup failure status and related information.
- Troubleshoot and resolve common backup and restore problems.
- Gather NetBackup troubleshooting information and log files using utilities provided with NetBackup.
To register for an exam, follow these instructions.
Email Certification Team