Software-defined storage solutions bring enterprise-ready storage management and application resiliency to OpenStack environments.
Mountain View, CA – October 12, 2016 – Veritas Technologies, the leader in information management, today announced that it will showcase two of its software-defined storage solutions—HyperScale for OpenStack and Veritas Access—at OpenStack Summit in Barcelona, Spain from October 25-28, 2016.
With OpenStack quickly gaining traction as an open source software platform of choice for public and private clouds, storage management and support for enterprise production workloads is becoming critical for the successful adoption of OpenStack. Announced in September at the Veritas Vision 2016 conference, both HyperScale for OpenStack and Veritas Access help ensure reliability, accessibility and high workload performance within OpenStack environments—no matter the scale.
Come visit Veritas at booth C7 to see HyperScale for OpenStack and Veritas Access in action:
- HyperScale for OpenStack: Even with OpenStack’s continued growth and popularity, organizations can still face challenges when it comes to executing traditional, enterprise workloads with high performance and reliability requirements. Veritas HyperScale for OpenStack is a scalable software-defined storage solution that leverages commodity direct attached storage (DAS) hardware to deliver enterprise-class capabilities to OpenStack deployments. HyperScale for OpenStack adds predictable performance, resilience, IT operational efficiency and cost effectiveness to OpenStack projects.
- Veritas Access: Unstructured data continues to experience major growth due to IoT and other big data applications, causing storage management challenges for IT. Veritas Access provides organizations access to data regardless where it resides on premises, off premises or in the cloud or its performance requirements. Veritas Access’ support for OpenStack Manilla and Cinder allows OpenStack instances to consume Veritas Access managed storage and realize the benefits of software-defined storage.
You can also connect with the Veritas team presenting in three BrownBag Technical talks:
- Enabling Policy based seamless data movement between OpenStack and Private/Public Clouds on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 at 12:15pm
Enterprises wanting to use OpenStack in their private cloud environments face the challenge of migrating their current data to OpenStack. The current data may reside on premise or some of it in another public cloud. In this session we will showcase the scalable Veritas NAS solution that can migrate the data from on premise or other public cloud to OpenStack using intuitive policy based framework.
- Residual IOPs based provisioning in OpenStack on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 at 4:45pm
VM placement mechanism in OpenStack is easily extensible using nova filters. In this session you will be introduced to a new storage IOPs based filter which augments the nova filters to place VMs based on the available storage IOPs on the compute plane.
- Highly available, DR ready Storage platform for Multi-data center OpenStack private cloud on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 4:45pm
Enterprises looking to deploy OpenStack based private clouds are looking to deploy multi-site data centers which are not only A/A but also are fully DR capable. For this OpenStack needs the underlying storage platform to be Highly available, DR ready providing high performance at low cost. In this session, we will showcase a 3 Data center A/A-A OpenStack private cloud deployment which is backed by Highly available, fully DR ready and high performance software-defined storage solution built completely on commodity x86 hardware using Direct Attached Storage and existing SAN.
OpenStack Summit brings together more than 6,000 IT leaders, telco operators, cloud administrators, app developers and OpenStack contributors to discuss the future of cloud computing and share tactics for architecting and operating OpenStack clouds.
About Veritas Technologies:
Veritas Technologies enables organizations to harness the power of their information, with information management solutions serving the world’s largest and most complex environments. Veritas works with organizations of all sizes, including 86 percent of global Fortune 500 companies, improving data availability and revealing insights to drive competitive advantage. www.veritas.com
Veritas and the Veritas Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Veritas Technologies LLC or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.