Veritas NetBackup™ Add-in for Microsoft SCVMM Console Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup Add-in for SCVMM
- Configuring the NetBackup Recovery Wizard
- Recovering virtual machines
Authorizing the NetBackup add-in for SCVMM to restore virtual machines
The NetBackup master server initiates and controls the backup of virtual machines. To use the add-in to restore virtual machines, you must obtain a master server authentication token from the NetBackup administrator. Then you can authorize the add-in to restore the virtual machines that were backed up by that master server.
To authorize the add-in to restore virtual machines (or to edit or delete an authorization)
- Ask the NetBackup administrator to provide an authentication token file.
- Copy the authentication token file to the computer or laptop where the SCVMM console is launched.
Make a note of the location.
- In the SCVMM console ribbon, click the NetBackup option.
- Click Manage Master Servers.
- Enter the following under Add Master Server to specify a NetBackup master server and its authentication token.
Add Master Server
Master Server Name
Enter the fully qualified domain name of the master server.
Web services port
If the NetBackup administrator has not changed the port, accept the default (8443). Otherwise, contact the administrator for the correct port number.
Click Browse to select the authentication token file that the NetBackup administrator provided.
Click Add. The server is added to the list of master servers that the add-in can communicate with.
- To verify that the SCVMM console can communicate with the master server, click Check Status.
If the communication is successful, the Connection Status field reads Connected.
- To add other master servers and their authentication tokens, click Add Master Server in the upper right and repeat step 5 and 6.
- To delete an authorization, click the delete icon next to the master server name.
When the authorization is deleted, the add-in can no longer restore from the backups that the master server performed.
- To edit an authorization, click the edit icon opposite the master server name.
You can enter a different web services port, or click Update Token to select a different authentication token.
- Click Save.
- Click Close.