Enterprise Vault™ Troubleshooting FSA Reporting
- About this document
- Troubleshooting an upgrade of FSA Reporting
- Troubleshooting the configuration of FSA Reporting
- Troubleshooting issues with FSA Reporting reports
- Using DTrace to troubleshoot FSA Reporting
Adding the FSA Reporting web service locations to the Local intranet zone
Use the following procedure to make sure that the correct URLs for the FSA Reporting web service locations are included in Internet Explorer's Local intranet zone.
To add the URLs for the FSA Reporting web service to the Local intranet zone
- If you have already obtained the list of WSLocation entries from the Directory database's FSAReportingWSLocations table, go straight to step 5.
- Start SQL Server Management Studio or SQL Query Analyzer and connect to the SQL Server that runs the Enterprise Vault Directory database.
- Enter and run the following query:
USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory SELECT WSLocation FROM FSAReportingWSLocations
- Note down all the WSLocation entries that the query returns.
Perform the remaining steps of this procedure on the following computers:
All Enterprise Vault servers.
Any computer on which a standalone Administration Console is installed.
Each file server that is enabled for FSA Reporting.
Any FSA Reporting proxy server, if its scans fail with event log errors.
- Open Internet Explorer with administrator privileges. Then, on Internet Explorer's Tools menu, select Internet Options.
- On the Security tab, click Local Intranet and then click Sites.
- On the Local intranet dialog, click Advanced.
- Make sure that all of the WSLocation entries that you noted in step 4 are present in the Local intranet zone. Add the entries if they are not already present in the Local intranet zone.
You must add the entries to the Local intranet zone: it is not sufficient to add them to the Trusted Sites zone.
- Make sure that the Local intranet zone's user authentication is set to "Automatic logon only in Intranet zone".
- Save the Internet Explorer settings and close Internet Explorer.