Veritas NetBackup™ Deduplication Guide
- Introducing the NetBackup media server deduplication option
- Planning your deployment
- About MSDP storage and connectivity requirements
- About NetBackup media server deduplication
- About NetBackup Client Direct deduplication
- About MSDP remote office client deduplication
- About MSDP performance
- MSDP deployment best practices
- Provisioning the storage
- Licensing deduplication
- Configuring deduplication
- Configuring the Deduplication Multi-Threaded Agent behavior
- Configuring the MSDP fingerprint cache behavior
- Configuring MSDP fingerprint cache seeding on the storage server
- About MSDP Encryption using KMS service
- Configuring a storage server for a Media Server Deduplication Pool
- Configuring a disk pool for deduplication
- Configuring a Media Server Deduplication Pool storage unit
- About MSDP optimized duplication within the same domain
- Configuring MSDP optimized duplication within the same NetBackup domain
- Configuring MSDP replication to a different NetBackup domain
- About NetBackup Auto Image Replication
- Configuring a target for MSDP replication to a remote domain
- Creating a storage lifecycle policy
- Resilient Network properties
- Editing the MSDP pd.conf file
- About protecting the MSDP catalog
- Configuring an MSDP catalog backup
- Configuring deduplication to the cloud with NetBackup CloudCatalyst
- Using NetBackup CloudCatalyst to upload deduplicated data to the cloud
- Configuring a CloudCatalyst storage server for deduplication to the cloud
- Monitoring deduplication activity
- Viewing MSDP job details
- Managing deduplication
- Managing MSDP servers
- Managing NetBackup Deduplication Engine credentials
- Managing Media Server Deduplication Pools
- Changing a Media Server Deduplication Pool properties
- Configuring MSDP data integrity checking behavior
- About MSDP storage rebasing
- Managing MSDP servers
- Recovering MSDP
- Replacing MSDP hosts
- Uninstalling MSDP
- Deduplication architecture
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting MSDP installation issues
- Troubleshooting MSDP configuration issues
- Troubleshooting MSDP operational issues
- Troubleshooting CloudCatalyst issues
- CloudCatalyst logs
- Problems encountered while using the Cloud Storage Server Configuration Wizard
- Disk pool problems
- Problems during cloud storage server configuration
- CloudCatalyst troubleshooting tools
- Appendix A. Migrating to MSDP storage
Monitoring the MSDP deduplication rate
The following methods show the MSDP deduplication rate:
On UNIX and Linux, you can use the NetBackup bpdbjobs command to display the deduplication rate. However, you must configure it to do so.
To view the global MSDP deduplication ratio
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, expand Media and Device Management > Credentials > Storage Server
- Select the deduplication storage server.
- On the Edit menu, select Change.
- In the Change Storage Server dialog box, select the Properties tab. The Deduplication Ratio field displays the ratio.
To view the MSDP deduplication rate for a backup job in the Activity Monitor
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, click Activity Monitor.
- Click the Jobs tab.
The Deduplication Rate column shows the rate for each job.
To configure the bpdbjobs command to display the MSDP deduplication rate
- Add a DEDUPRATIO BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS entry in the
bp.conffile on the media server on which you run the command.
The bpdbjobs command then shows the deduplication rate in its output.
Many factors affect deduplication performance.