Veritas NetBackup™ Administrator's Guide, Volume II
- NetBackup licensing models and the nbdeployutil utility
- How capacity licensing works
- Creating and viewing the licensing report
- Reviewing a capacity licensing report
- Reconciling the capacity licensing report results
- Reviewing a traditional licensing report
- Reviewing an NEVC licensing report
- Additional configuration
- About dynamic host name and IP addressing
- About busy file processing on UNIX clients
- About the Shared Storage Option
- About configuring the Shared Storage Option in NetBackup
- Viewing SSO summary reports
- About the vm.conf configuration file
- Holds Management
- Menu user interfaces on UNIX
- About the tpconfig device configuration utility
- About the NetBackup Disk Configuration Utility
- Reference topics
- Host name rules
- About reading backup images with nbtar or tar32.exe
- Factors that affect backup time
- NetBackup notify scripts
- Media and device management best practices
- About TapeAlert
- About tape drive cleaning
- How NetBackup reserves drives
- About SCSI persistent reserve
- About the SPC-2 SCSI reserve process
- About checking for data loss
- About checking for tape and driver configuration errors
- How NetBackup selects media
- About selecting media in robots
- About selecting media in standalone drives
- About Tape I/O commands on UNIX
Tools for creating and viewing licensing reports
NetBackup 8.1.2 and later automatically collects and includesinformation in the NetBackup web UI. The usage report displays trends and details on the NetBackup data that is protected including data size, master server, and policy type.
For more information, see the NetBackup Web UI Backup Administrator's Guide and https://taas.veritas.com.
Usage information is used with the Smart Meter tool to compare backup size data with your capacity, traditional, and NEVC licensing.
NetBackup supports the following licensing types:
NetBackup Platform Base Complete Edition
NetBackup Platform Base Limited Edition
NetBackup Platform Base Big Data Workload Edition
NetBackup Platform Base NDMP Edition
NetBackup Enterprise Virtual Client Edition
NetBackup Traditional Licensing Model Edition
NetBackup Platform Base Complete Edition with Flexible Licensing
Smart Meter supports NetBackup Platform Base Complete Edition with Flexible Licensing. Usage information for this licensing type is displayed on the Smart Meter portal. However, the nbdeployutil utility does not run or create flex licensing reports or a JSON file. NetBackup sends the NetBackup Platform Base Complete Edition usage information to Smart Meter that Smart Meter later converts.
For more information about how the NetBackup Platform Base Complete Edition with Flexible Licensing usage is displayed in Smart Meter, refer to the Smart Meter documentation.
The first four types of licenses use capacity licensing for usage reporting.
The nbdeployutil utility is a command-line tool that can gather backup size data and create a licensing report. The command generates a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet to review. In NetBackup 8.1.2 and later, the nbdeployutil utility automatically gathers backup size data. You can then use this utility to:
Run traditional and NEVC licensing reports on an automated schedule.
Run capacity licensing reports on an incremental schedule.
Manually generate reports for traditional or for capacity licensing.
Create custom capacity license reports. For example, for a set of clients or for a business unit.