Veritas NetBackup™ Administrator's Guide, Volume II
- NetBackup licensing models and the nbdeployutil utility
- Creating and viewing the licensing report
- Reviewing a capacity licensing report
- Reconciling the capacity licensing report results
- Reviewing a traditional licensing report
- Additional configuration
- About dynamic host name and IP addressing
- About busy file processing on UNIX clients
- About the Shared Storage Option
- About configuring the Shared Storage Option in NetBackup
- Viewing SSO summary reports
- About the vm.conf configuration file
- Holds Management
- Menu user interfaces on UNIX
- About the tpconfig device configuration utility
- About the NetBackup Disk Configuration Utility
- Reference topics
- Host name rules
- About reading backup images with nbtar or tar32.exe
- Factors that affect backup time
- NetBackup notify scripts
- Media and device management best practices
- About TapeAlert
- About tape drive cleaning
- How NetBackup reserves drives
- About SCSI persistent reserve
- About the SPC-2 SCSI reserve process
- About checking for data loss
- About checking for tape and driver configuration errors
- How NetBackup selects media
- About selecting media in robots
- About selecting media in standalone drives
- About Tape I/O commands on UNIX
PREVENT_MEDIA_REMOVAL entry in vm.conf
This topic applies to the TL8 robots only.
Specifying this entry changes the default operation for TL8 robots. Without this entry present, NetBackup allows the removal of media.
If this entry is specified in vm.conf, TL8 robots run the SCSI command PREVENT MEDIUM REMOVAL. The robot's main door or the MAP cannot be opened while the robotic control daemon runs.
This entry is read and interpreted on the host on which the TL8 robot control daemon or process (tl8cd) runs.
To override PREVENT_MEDIA_REMOVAL, do one of the following:
Use the test utility and run allow media removal.
Use inject or eject for access, when volumes are added or moved.