Veritas NetBackup™ Device Configuration Guide
- Introducing device configuration
- Section I. Operating systems
- About the required Linux SCSI drivers
- About configuring robot and drive control for Linux
- Installing/reinstalling the sg and the st drivers
- About Solaris robotic controls
- About Solaris tape drive device files
- Configuring Solaris SAN clients to recognize FT media servers
- Section II. Robotic storage devices
- Robot overview
- Oracle StorageTek ACSLS robots
- About removing tapes from ACS robots
- Robot inventory operations on ACS robots
- NetBackup robotic control, communication, and logging
- NetBackup robotic control, communication, and logging for UNIX systems
- ACS robotic test utility
- ACS configurations supported
- Device configuration examples
About nonstandard tape drives
To receive the most current support for devices, you should install the latest Solaris patch for the st driver.
However, if you have a device that Solaris does not support, the device manufacturer should provide the software to install and administer the device properly. In addition, the device vendor should contact Oracle to add support for the device to Solaris.
For more information about what you need for unsupported devices, contact the device vendor. Also see the Solaris devices and file systems documentation.