Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ Device Configuration Guide
Last Published: 2018-09-17
Product(s): NetBackup (22.214.171.124, 8.3, 8.2, 8.1.2)
- Introducing device configuration
- Section I. Operating systems
- About the required Linux SCSI drivers
- About configuring robot and drive control for Linux
- Installing/reinstalling the sg and the st drivers
- About Solaris robotic controls
- About Solaris tape drive device files
- Configuring Solaris SAN clients to recognize FT media servers
- Section II. Robotic storage devices
- Robot overview
- Oracle StorageTek ACSLS robots
- About removing tapes from ACS robots
- Robot inventory operations on ACS robots
- NetBackup robotic control, communication, and logging
- NetBackup robotic control, communication, and logging for UNIX systems
- ACS robotic test utility
- ACS configurations supported
- Device configuration examples
Adding the FT device entry to the st.conf file
The following procedure describes how to add the FT device entry to the st.conf file.
To add the FT device entry to the st.conf file
- In the
/kernel/drv/st.conffile, find the tape-config-list= section or create it if it does not exist.
- Examine the tape-config-list= section for a line that begins with ARCHIVE Python and contains ARCH_04106. If such a line exists, ensure that it begins with a comment character (#).
- Add the following line to the tape-config-list= section:
"ARCHIVE Python", "FT Pipe", "ARCH_04106";
- Find the line that begins with ARCH_04106, copy it, and paste it after the tape-config-list= line. Delete the comment character (#) from the beginning of the line. The following is an example of the line:
ARCH_04106 = 1, 0x2C, 0, 0x09639, 4, 0x00, 0x8C, 0x8c, 0x8C, 3;