Veritas NetBackup™ for MariaDB Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for MariaDB Agent
- Installing the NetBackup for MariaDB Agent
- Configuring the NetBackup for MariaDB
- NetBackup for MariaDB backup and restore
- Troubleshooting for NetBackup for MariaDB
- Appendix A. About NetBackup for MariaDB commands and conventions
- Appendix B. The NetBackup for MariaDB commands
Configuring the MariaDB backups with DataStore policies
The agent supports the DataStore policies to define the attributes, schedules, clients list, and backup selections.
To configure the MariaDB database backups with DataStore policies
- Log on to the master server as an administrator (Windows) or root (Linux).
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, expand NetBackup Management, and then click Policies.
- In All Policies pane, right-click Summary of All Policies, and then click New Policy.
- In Add a New Policy dialog box, enter a unique name for the policy.
- In the Change Policy dialog box, select DataStore Policy fromPolicy Type drop-down list.
- From the Policy Storage drop-down list, select a disk-based storage unit for storage.
- To select the schedule type, under the Schedules tab, click OK to select the Application Backup schedule type.
The XBSA framework supports the Application Backup schedule type only.
- Under the Clients tab, click New and then add the NetBackup client that has the NetBackup for MariaDB Agent.
- In the Add Client screen, click New, and then in the Client Name field, type the name of the client.
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, click NetBackup Management > Policies to view the policy in the existing policies list.
- Verify the settings in
nbmariadb.conffile, before you run the backup.
- For more information, See The nbmariadb.conf configuration file.
Ensure that the MariaDB agent and NetBackup are of same version for successful backup and restore operations.