Veritas NetBackup™ for PostgreSQL Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for PostgreSQL
- Installing the NetBackup for PostgreSQL Agent
- Configuring NetBackup for PostgreSQL
- NetBackup for PostgreSQL backup and restore
- About PostgreSQL backups
- Troubleshooting for PostgreSQL
- Appendix A. NetBackup for PostgreSQL commands and conventions
- Appendix B. NetBackup for PostgreSQL commands
Configuring PostgreSQL backups with DataStore policies
The agent uses the Datastore policies to define the attributes, schedules, clients list, and backup selections.
To configure the PostgreSQL database backups with DataStore policies, complete the following steps:
- Log on to the master server as an administrator (Windows) or root (Linux).
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, expand NetBackup Management, and then click Policies.
- In All Policies pane, right-click Summary of All Policies, and then click New Policy.
- In Add a New Policy dialog box, enter the unique policy name.
- In the Change Policy dialog box, select DataStore Policy from the Policy Type drop-down list.
- From the Policy Storage list, select a disk-based storage unit for storage.
- To select the schedule type, under the Schedules tab, click OK to select the Application Backup schedule type.
The XBSA framework supports the Application backup schedule type only.
- In the Clients tab, click New and then add the NetBackup client that has the NetBackup for PostgreSQL Agent.
- In the Add Client screen, click New, and then in the Client Name field, type the name of the client.
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, click NetBackup Management > Policies to view the policy in the existing policies list.
- Before performing the backup, review the settings in the
For more information, see See The nbpgsql.conf configuration file.
Ensure that the PostgreSQL agent and NetBackup are of same version for successful backup and restore operations.