Veritas NetBackup™ for MySQL Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for MySQL Agent
- Installing NetBackup for MySQL Agent
- Configuring NetBackup for MySQL Agent
- NetBackup for MySQL backup and restore
- Troubleshooting for NetBackup for MySQL
- Appendix A. The NetBackup for MySQL commands and conventions
- Appendix B. The NetBackup for MySQL commands
Performing the MySQL backups
This topic lists the prerequisites, describes the procedure to run MySQL backups, and the information to schedule the backup from the.
Before you run the backup, ensure that you meet the following prerequisites.
Ensure that versions of the MySQL agent and NetBackup are same. If you upgrade NetBackup to newer version, then you must upgrade the agent version also.
(LVM users) Ensure that MySQL data and logs directory reside on the logical volumes.
Configure the DataStore policy from the .
Add the database parameters and library path in the
Verify that there is enough space for the snapshot in the volume group, and then set the snapshot size in
nbmysql.conffile or by the command line.
Ensure that the snapshot size is 50% more than the instance size that you want to backup.
Verify that the prerequisites and the post-installation requirements are met.
For more information, See Installing prerequisites of NetBackup for MySQL Agent.
For more information, See Post-installation requirements for NetBackup for MySQL Agent .
To run backup
- Run the following command:
nbmysql -o backup -S master_server_name -P policy_name -s schedule_name -l mysql_lib_path -z snapshot_size [-p database_server_port] [-u database_username]
- (Optional) Type the password, when the nbmysql command line prompts for the password.
Ensure that the MySQL agent and NetBackup are of same version for successful backup and restore operations.
You can schedule MySQL backups from NetBackup Administration Console using the policy to call a backup script.
For more information, https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100041374