Veritas NetBackup™ for MySQL Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for MySQL Agent
- Installing NetBackup for MySQL Agent
- Configuring NetBackup for MySQL Agent
- NetBackup for MySQL backup and restore
- Troubleshooting for NetBackup for MySQL
- Appendix A. The NetBackup for MySQL commands and conventions
- Appendix B. The NetBackup for MySQL commands
Configuring the NetBackup for MySQL backups with DataStore policies
The agent supports the DataStore policies to define the attributes, schedules, clients list, and backup selections.
To configure MySQL database backups with DataStore policies
- Log on to the master server as an administrator (Windows) or root (Linux).
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, expand NetBackup Management, and then click Policies.
- In All Policies pane, right-click Summary of All Policies, and then click New Policy.
- In Add a New Policy dialog box, enter a unique name for the policy.
- In the Change Policy dialog box, select Data Store Policy from the Policy Type drop-down list.
- From the Policy Storage list, select the disk-based storage unit for storage.
- To select the schedule type, under the Schedules tab, click Ok to select the Application Backup schedule type.
The XBSA framework supports the Application backup schedule type only.
- In the Clients tab, click New, and then add the NetBackup client that has the NetBackup for MySQL Agent.
- In the Add Client screen, click New, and then in the Client Name field, type the name of the client.
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, click NetBackup Management> Policies to view the policy in the existing policies list.
- Verify the parameters in
nbmysql.confbefore you run the backup operation or specify them on the
For more information, See The nbmysql configuration file.
Ensure that the MySQL agent and NetBackup are of same version for successful backup and restore operations.