You can initiate the MySQL backups in NetBackup using the DataStore policy to call a backup script.
This article provides the sample script to schedule an automatic backup using the NetBackup Administration Console. You must copy the script to a preferred location, but ensure that the path is a white listed path. Use this script when configuring the DataStore policy for backups.
Note:You must modify the sample script according to your environment.
To backup MySQL database using the backup script
- In the /etc/sudoers file, add the user as: Defaults:<mysql_user> !requiretty
- Authenticate the password in the MySQL environment.
- Download the sample script and copy it to a preferred location.
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, create an automatic full backup schedule in Policy>Schedule>Attributes tab.
- Under the Backup Selections tab, provide the path to the modified script as the backup selection.
- In the Clients tab, specify the MySQL server.
- Specify the parameters for the backup operation in the nbmysql.conf file. (For more information, see the NetBackup for MySQL Administrator's Guide.)
- Run the backup from the NetBackup Administration Console.
NetBackup for MySQL version 5 and later
Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.8 and later
SUSE Enterprise Linux Server 11 SP3 and later
Please note that this script is provided as is and is a sample script only. The script is not supported by Veritas technical support.
It is the responsibility of the customer to modify the script to take into account specific requirements and variables in his/her environment.
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):