Veritas NetBackup™ for MySQL Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for MySQL Agent
- Installing NetBackup for MySQL Agent
- Configuring NetBackup for MySQL Agent
- The NetBackup for MySQL backups and restores
- Troubleshooting for NetBackup for MySQL
- Appendix A. The NetBackup for MySQL commands and conventions
- Appendix B. The NetBackup for MySQL commands
Performing the MySQL backups
This topic lists the prerequisites, describes the procedure to run MySQL backups, and the information to schedule the backup from the.
Before you run the backup, ensure that you meet the following prerequisites.
(LVM users) Ensure that MySQL data and logs directory reside on the logical volumes.
Configure the DataStore policy from the .
Add the database parameters and library path in the
Verify that there is enough space for the snapshot in the volume group, and then set the snapshot size in
nbmysql.conffile or by the command line.
Ensure that the snapshot size is 50% more than the instance size that you want to backup.
Verify that the prerequisites and the post-installation requirements are met.
For more information, See Installing prerequisites of NetBackup for MySQL Agent.
For more information, See Post-installation requirements for NetBackup for MySQL Agent .
To run the backup
- Run the following command:
nbmysql -o backup -S master_server_name -P policy_name -s schedule_name -l mysql_lib_path -z snapshot_size [-p database_server_port] [-u database_username]
- (Optional) Type the password, when the nbmysql command line prompts for the password.
You can schedule MySQL backups from NetBackup Administration Console using the policy to call a backup script.
For more information, https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100041374