Veritas Appliance Management Guide
- Configuring an appliance as an AMS
- Applying management updates on earlier appliance versions
- Managing appliances from the Home page
- Using Activity Monitor and Events
Managing AMS updates
The management update package includes fixes and new features for the Appliance Management Server and agents. Veritas recommends that you update both the AMS and the agents so that they have the same AMS/agent version.
Note that the management update package updates the management function and does not affect the appliance software on the AMS.
If you want to upgrade the appliance software on the AMS, use the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu. See the NetBackup Appliance Upgrade Guide for details.
Use the following procedure to install the management updates on the AMS.
To install management updates on the AMS
- Before starting this procedure, add the management update package to the Repository on the AMS.
From a computer within your appliance domain, download the appropriate package or file from Veritas Entitlement Management System (VEMS). To access VEMS, go to the Veritas Support website and click Licensing. The file name is Veritas-ApplianceManagement-1.2.0-20180906133108.x86_64.rpm.
- From the same computer, open another browser window and log in to the AMS as the AMS user.
- On the Settings page, click Repository.
- On the Repository page, click Add.
- In the dialog box that appears, do the following:
At the top of the dialog box, click on the drop-down and navigate to the location where you downloaded the package or the file from Veritas.
Select the downloaded package or file from the list of items that appears, then click Open. The package or the file should appear at the top of the list on the Repository page.
- Once the package is in the Repository, you will see the following message on the Home page:
- Go to Settings > Update AMS.
When the AMS is version 3.1.1 and you add the management update package to the Repository, the Settings page may not display the Update AMS button. To resolve this, go to any other page and then go to Settings to view the Update AMS button.
- Review the screen that appears, then click Update.
This starts updating the management function on the AMS. Note that you will be logged out after you click Update.
The AMS update usually takes one minute, but sometimes it may take more time due to environmental factors.
- You are redirected to the login page. Log on as a user with the AMS role to access the Appliance Management Console.
Click Monitor > Activity Monitor to view the AMS update task details. The AMS update usually takes a few minutes to complete.
The AMS version is also listed at the top-left corner on every screen below Veritas Appliance Management Console.
- Veritas recommends that after updating the AMS, the agents that are added to this AMS are also updated so that they have the same AMS/agent version. You can choose to update these agents automatically or manually.
Only agents with appliance software version 3.1.1 can be updated. In addition, the agents must be using an AMS with version 1.2.