Veritas Appliance Management Guide
- Configuring an appliance as an AMS
- Applying management updates on earlier appliance versions
- Managing appliances from the Home page
- Using Activity Monitor and Events
Changing passwords from the AMS
The Change password page allows a logged-in user to change their password. New passwords must meet the requirements of the password policy that is currently enforced.
By default, all NetBackup appliances enforce the following password rules:
Eight or more characters
At least one lowercase letter
At least one number (0-9)
Uppercase letters and special characters can be included, but they are not required.
Dictionary words are considered weak passwords and are not accepted.
The last seven passwords cannot be reused, and the new password cannot be similar to previous passwords.
Use the following procedure to change the password for the current user.
To change the current user password
- On the Home page, in the left column, click Settings.
- On the Settings page, click Change password.
- On the Change password page, enter the following information:
Old password: Enter the current password.
New password: Enter a new password.
Confirm new password: Enter the new password again for confirmation.
- Click Save.
If the new password is accepted, the following message appears: Password changed successfully.
If the new password is not accepted, the following message appears: Password change failed. Repeat the procedure and enter a valid password.