Veritas NetBackup™ Release Notes
- About NetBackup 8.2
- New features, enhancements, and changes
- NetBackup 8.2 new features, changes, and enhancements
- Operational notes
- NetBackup installation and upgrade operational notes
- NetBackup administration and general operational notes
- NetBackup administration interface operational notes
- NetBackup API operational notes
- NetBackup Cloud operational notes
- NetBackup with Veritas CloudPoint operational notes
- NetBackup database and application agent operational notes
- NetBackup deduplication operational notes
- NetBackup internationalization and localization operational notes
- NetBackup for NDMP operational notes
- NetBackup SAN Client and Fibre Transport operational notes
- NetBackup Snapshot Client operational notes
- NetBackup virtualization operational notes
- NetBackup for VMware operational notes
- NetBackup for Hyper-V operational notes
- Appendix A. About SORT for NetBackup Users
- Appendix B. NetBackup installation requirements
- Appendix C. NetBackup compatibility requirements
- Appendix D. Other NetBackup documentation and related documents
NetBackup enhancements for VMware
NetBackup 8.2 offers more enhancements to VMware Discovery, Recover, Backup, and Configuration capabilities through the NetBackup web UI and NetBackup APIs:
A user can now manually trigger the discovery of a VMware server on demand. A user can also get the benefits of autodiscovery whenever virtual server credentials are added or updated.
The recovery workflow in the NetBackup web UI supports a datastore cluster as a recovery target.
Options are available for users to specify the copy of interest for restore purposes along with the ability to specify an alternate VMware recovery host.
New permissions help to prevent destructive recovery of VMware assets.
New NetBackup APIs provide the capability to manage granular resource limits, VMware server credentials, and access hosts for VMware and other workloads like Red Hat Virtualization (RHV).
Users can now edit, delete, and validate server credentials in the NetBackup web UI.
During protection plan creation, the backup administrator can now select VMware backup options.
VMware agentless restore lets you restore individual files and folders to virtual machines where the NetBackup client is not installed. By using VxUpdate, NetBackup can deploy the recovery tool to the virtual machines, restore files and folders, and perform the required cleanup. NetBackup does not require a connection to the destination virtual machine to recover the files. All recovery is handled through the ESX server using APIs.