Veritas NetBackup™ Release Notes
- About NetBackup 8.2
- New features, enhancements, and changes
- NetBackup 8.2 new features, changes, and enhancements
- Operational notes
- NetBackup installation and upgrade operational notes
- NetBackup administration and general operational notes
- NetBackup administration interface operational notes
- NetBackup API operational notes
- NetBackup Cloud operational notes
- NetBackup with Veritas CloudPoint operational notes
- NetBackup database and application agent operational notes
- NetBackup deduplication operational notes
- NetBackup internationalization and localization operational notes
- NetBackup for NDMP operational notes
- NetBackup SAN Client and Fibre Transport operational notes
- NetBackup Snapshot Client operational notes
- NetBackup virtualization operational notes
- NetBackup for VMware operational notes
- NetBackup for Hyper-V operational notes
- Appendix A. About SORT for NetBackup Users
- Appendix B. NetBackup installation requirements
- Appendix C. NetBackup compatibility requirements
- Appendix D. Other NetBackup documentation and related documents
Integrated snapshot management enhancements
NetBackup 8.2 includes the following enhancements for SAN:
Application-consistent snapshot is supported for Oracle and DB2 workloads.
XFS file system and Linux volume manager is supported on NetBackup clients of RHEL and SUSE platforms.
Backups from Snapshot, Index Snapshot, Live Browse, Single File Restore are supported for the following NetBackup client platforms: Red Hat Linux, SUSE, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, Windows.
Point-in-time rollback restores of Windows workloads that use hardware snapshots now use VSS resync capabilities.
The following storage arrays are supported: NetApp FAS, HP-3PAR, Pure Storage, and EMC Unity.
NetBackup 8.2 includes the following enhancements for NAS:
Snapshot of NAS shares over Network File System (NFS) is supported.
Backups from Snapshot, Index Snapshot, Live Browse, and Single File Restore are supported.
Point-in-time rollback restores of Windows workloads that use hardware snapshots now use VSS resync capabilities
The following storage array is supported: NetApp cDOT.
This release of NetBackup includes the following enhancements for protecting in-cloud assets using NetBackup and CloudPoint (version 2.2 or later) integration:
You can take application consistent (point-in-time) snapshots of the applications that are deployed on virtual machines in cloud. This enhancement also lets you perform point-in-time rollback restores of applications. For supported applications, see the NetBackup Master Compatibility Lists.
If CloudPoint (Snapshot Management Server in NetBackup) is deployed in AWS Cloud, then you can configure AWS plug-ins using AWS IAM Role
You can perform a rollback recovery of cloud assets. The rollback recovery of a cloud asset overwrites the existing data on the original asset. Unlike original or alternate location restore, a new copy is not created of the restored image, but the existing data on the source is replaced
You can choose to replicate snapshots of cloud assets from the primary location to a remote or a secondary location. This capability is available only for AWS Cloud assets. The snapshot management servers (CloudPoint) support cross-region and cross-account replication in AWS
For more information on these enhancements, see the NetBackup Web UI Cloud Administrator's Guide.