Veritas NetBackup™ Release Notes
- About NetBackup 8.2
- New features, enhancements, and changes
- NetBackup 8.2 new features, changes, and enhancements
- Operational notes
- NetBackup installation and upgrade operational notes
- NetBackup administration and general operational notes
- NetBackup administration interface operational notes
- NetBackup API operational notes
- NetBackup Cloud operational notes
- NetBackup with Veritas CloudPoint operational notes
- NetBackup database and application agent operational notes
- NetBackup deduplication operational notes
- NetBackup internationalization and localization operational notes
- NetBackup for NDMP operational notes
- NetBackup SAN Client and Fibre Transport operational notes
- NetBackup Snapshot Client operational notes
- NetBackup virtualization operational notes
- NetBackup for VMware operational notes
- NetBackup for Hyper-V operational notes
- Appendix A. About SORT for NetBackup Users
- Appendix B. NetBackup installation requirements
- Appendix C. NetBackup compatibility requirements
- Appendix D. Other NetBackup documentation and related documents
Change in NetBackup Cloud configuration service
The NetBackup CloudStore Service Container (
nbcssc) service is a web-based service that is used for cloud configuration on the media servers that are configured for cloud storage. Starting with NetBackup release 8.2, the
nbcssc service is no longer being deployed.
The operations that nbcssc performed are now taken over by two existing NetBackup services. The NetBackup Web Management Console (
nbwmc) service now handles the cloud configuration operations and the NetBackup Service Layer (
nbsl) service handles the throttling service and the metering data collector service functions.
However, NetBackup does provide support for the older media servers that are configured for cloud storage. Media server versions 7.7.x to 8.1.2 are supported. The older media servers that host the
nbcssc service can work seamlessly with a master server that is upgraded to the latest version. The master server uses port 5637 to communicate with the
nbcssc service running on older media servers.
This back-level media support sets up a smoother transition path for your existing NetBackup deployment wherein you can plan rolling upgrades for the older media servers without disrupting your existing cloud storage production workflow.
Refer to the Veritas NetBackup Cloud Administrator's Guide for more information about cloud configuration. Refer to the Veritas NetBackup Network Ports Reference Guide for more information on the ports that NetBackup uses.