Veritas NetBackup™ for NDMP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for NDMP
- About NetBackup for NDMP
- Types of NDMP backup
- About assigning tape drives to different hosts
- Installation Notes for NetBackup for NDMP
- Configuring NDMP backup to NDMP-attached devices
- About Media and Device Management configuration
- About creating an NDMP policy
- Backup selection options for an NDMP policy
- About enabling or disabling DAR
- Configuring NDMP backup to NetBackup media servers (remote NDMP)
- Configuring NDMP DirectCopy
- About NDMP DirectCopy
- Using NDMP DirectCopy to duplicate a backup image
- Accelerator for NDMP
- Remote NDMP and disk devices
- Using the Shared Storage Option (SSO)
- Backup and restore procedures
- About NetBackup for NDMP logs
- NetBackup for NDMP troubleshooting suggestions
- About robot tests
- Using NetBackup for NDMP scripts
Adding NDMP storage units
On the NetBackup master server, add an NDMP-type storage unit for the devices that contain the backup data. Most of the requirements are the same as for adding a Media Manager storage unit. The following procedure explains how to add an NDMP storage unit.
See the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I, for more information on storage units.
The NDMP-type storage units are not used for backups to devices that are attached to NetBackup media servers. Use a non-NDMP storage unit instead.
See About remote NDMP.
To add NDMP storage units
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, select NetBackup Management > Storage.
- On the Actions menu, select New > New Storage Unit.
- In the New Storage Unit dialog box, enter the following:
Storage unit name
Enter a unique name for the storage unit.
Storage unit type
On demand only
Specify whether the storage unit is available only when a policy or schedule specifically requests it. If this option is not used, the storage unit is available to any NDMP policy or schedule.
Select the type of device for this storage unit.
Specify the NDMP host; for NetApp cDOT systems, you must specify a cluster-management LIF. NetBackup does not support any other LIF type as the NDMP host name for storage device configuration.
Select the media server associated with this storage unit.
Maximum concurrent write drives
Select the maximum number of drives for concurrent writing.
Reduce fragment size to
Enter the minimum fragment size for this storage unit.
Enter 1 as multiplexing is not allowed with NDMP storage units.
Maximum streams per drive
Select the maximum number of data streams to use with NDMP multiplexing.
You must select at least two data streams.
The remaining fields are described in the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I and the online Help.