Veritas NetBackup™ for NDMP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for NDMP
- About NetBackup for NDMP
- Types of NDMP backup
- About assigning tape drives to different hosts
- Installation Notes for NetBackup for NDMP
- Configuring NDMP backup to NDMP-attached devices
- About Media and Device Management configuration
- About creating an NDMP policy
- Backup selection options for an NDMP policy
- About enabling or disabling DAR
- Configuring NDMP backup to NetBackup media servers (remote NDMP)
- Configuring NDMP DirectCopy
- About NDMP DirectCopy
- Using NDMP DirectCopy to duplicate a backup image
- Accelerator for NDMP
- Remote NDMP and disk devices
- Using the Shared Storage Option (SSO)
- Backup and restore procedures
- About NetBackup for NDMP logs
- NetBackup for NDMP troubleshooting suggestions
- About robot tests
- Using NetBackup for NDMP scripts
Performing a manual backup with an NDMP policy
For more information on the NetBackup Administration Console, see the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I.
To perform a manual backup with an NDMP policy
- From the NetBackup Administration Console, click Policies.
- Right-click the NDMP policy name and select Manual Backup from the pop-up menu.
- In the Manual Backup dialog, select a schedule and then select the clients (NDMP hosts) that you want to back up.
If you do not select any schedules, NetBackup uses the schedule with the highest retention level. If you do not select any clients, NetBackup backs up all configured NDMP hosts.
- Click OK to start the backup.