Veritas NetBackup™ for NDMP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for NDMP
- About NetBackup for NDMP
- Types of NDMP backup
- About assigning tape drives to different hosts
- Installation Notes for NetBackup for NDMP
- Configuring NDMP backup to NDMP-attached devices
- About Media and Device Management configuration
- About creating an NDMP policy
- Backup selection options for an NDMP policy
- About enabling or disabling DAR
- Configuring NDMP backup to NetBackup media servers (remote NDMP)
- Configuring NDMP DirectCopy
- About NDMP DirectCopy
- Using NDMP DirectCopy to duplicate a backup image
- Accelerator for NDMP
- Remote NDMP and disk devices
- Using the Shared Storage Option (SSO)
- Backup and restore procedures
- About NetBackup for NDMP logs
- NetBackup for NDMP troubleshooting suggestions
- About robot tests
- Using NetBackup for NDMP scripts
ndmp_end_path_notify script (UNIX)
The UNIX scripts are provided as examples only. You must customize the scripts before using them. For example, the -ne value in the first if statement must be modified to reflect the number of passed parameters. For the ndmp_end_path_notify script, the -ne value must be set to 7.
Before you use this script, make sure you can run it by using other on the media server. Run chmod 755 script_name, where script_name is the name of the script.
For a UNIX media server, if you need notification whenever the NDMP host completes a backup, copy
from the server, to
on the UNIX NetBackup for NDMP host. Then, modify the script and ensure that you have permission to run it.
NetBackup passes the following parameters to the ndmp_end_notify script:
Table: Script parameters for ndmp_end_path_notify (UNIX)
Specifies the name of the client from the NetBackup catalog.
Specifies the policy name from the NetBackup catalog.
Specifies the schedule name from the NetBackup catalog.
Specifies one of the following:
INCR (differential incremental)
CINC (cumulative incremental)
Specifies the exit code from bptm.
Specifies the path being backed up.
ndmp_end_path_notify freddie cd4000s fulls FULL 0 ndmp_end_path_notify danr cd4000s incrementals INCR 73
To create an ndmp_end_path_notify script for a specific policy or policy and schedule combination, create script files with a .policyname or .policyname.schedulename suffix. In the following two examples of script names, the policy is named production and the schedule is named fulls:
The first script affects all scheduled backups in the policy that is named production. The second script affects scheduled backups in the policy that is named production only when the schedule is named fulls.
For a given backup, NetBackup uses only one ndmp_end_path_notify script and that is the one with the most specific name. For example, if there are both ndmp_end_path_notify.production and ndmp_end_path_notify.production.fulls scripts, NetBackup uses only ndmp_end_path_notify.production.fulls.
The ndmp_end_path_notify script can use the following environment variables:
BACKUPID UNIXBACKUPTIME BACKUPTIME
The NetBackup bptm process creates these variables. The following are examples of the strings that are available to the script for use in recording information about a backup:
BACKUPID=freddie_0857340526 UNIXBACKUPTIME=0857340526 BACKUPTIME=Sun Mar 2 16:08:46 1997