Veritas NetBackup™ for MySQL Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for MySQL Agent
- Installing NetBackup for MySQL Agent
- Configuring NetBackup for MySQL Agent
- The NetBackup for MySQL backups and restores
- Troubleshooting for NetBackup for MySQL
- Appendix A. The NetBackup for MySQL commands and conventions
- Appendix B. The NetBackup for MySQL commands
About NetBackup for MySQL restores
When you initiate a restore, the NetBackup XBSA interface reads the progress files to receive the MySQL backup files to restore them to the target directory. Before you run a restore, ensure that the target directory is empty.
The parameter-S, t, and -p are required parameters. Alternatively, you can choose to restore using the optional values -i as the backup image name and -C to restore from a specified client name.
The restore fails when the target directory is invalid or not empty. Ensure that you delete all contents of the target directory before you initiate the restore.