Veritas NetBackup™ Appliance Upgrade Guide
- About upgrades to NetBackup appliance software version 3.1.1 and the Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system
- Upgrade planning
- Pre-upgrade tasks
- Performing the upgrade
- Methods for downloading appliance software release updates
- Post upgrade tasks
Downloading software updates to a NetBackup appliance using the NetBackup Appliance Web Console
Use the following procedure to download a software release update to an appliance using the NetBackup Appliance Web Console.
This method is not supported for downloading software release updates 3.1.1 or later to appliances that use versions 2.7.1 or 2.7.2. To download 3.1.1 or later release updates to appliances with these versions, you must download the updates manually. For instructions, refer to the following topic:
To download a software release update onto the appliance using the NetBackup Appliance Web Console
- Open a web browser and log on to the appliance through the NetBackup Appliance Web Console.
- Select Manage > Software Updates.
- On the Software Updates page, in the Downloaded Software Updates table, check to make sure that the software update has not already been downloaded.
If the table contains the software update that you want to install, proceed to software installation as follows.
If the table does not contain a software update that you want to install, proceed to the next step.
- In the Online Software Updates table on the page, select a software update and click Download.
The Download Progress column shows the download status. After the download has completed successfully, the software update appears in the Available Software Updates column of the Downloaded Software Updates table.
Starting with appliance software version 3.1, the web console no longer supports the installation of upgrade or EEB packages. After you have downloaded these packages from the web console, you must perform the installation from the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu.