Veritas NetBackup™ Appliance Upgrade Guide
- About upgrades to NetBackup appliance software version 3.1.1 and the Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system
- Upgrade planning
- Pre-upgrade tasks
- Performing the upgrade
- Methods for downloading appliance software release updates
- Post upgrade tasks
Downloading software updates directly to a NetBackup appliance
Use the following procedure to download a software release update to an appliance using the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu.
This method is not supported for downloading software release updates 3.1.1 or later to appliances that use versions 2.7.1 or 2.7.2. To download 3.1.1 or later release updates to appliances with these versions, you must download the updates manually. For instructions, refer to the following topic:
For high availability (HA) setups, you only need to download the package to one node. After you complete the package download on the first node, see step 4 for details to make the package available on the other node.
To download software release updates directly onto the appliance
- Open an SSH session and log on to the appliance as an administrator using the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu.
- To determine if a software update is available from the Veritas Support website, enter the following command:
Main_Menu > Manage > Software > List AvailablePatch
- To download an available software update or a client package, enter the appropriate command as follows:
For appliance server updates:
Main_Menu > Manage > Software > Download SYMC_NBAPP_update-<release-version>.x86_64.rpm
Where release is the software release number and version is the version number of the software release. For example:
Main_Menu > Manage > Software > Download SYMC_NBAPP_update-3.1.x86_64.rpm
For a UNIX client package:
Main_Menu > Manage > Software > Download SYMC_NBAPP_addon_nbclient_<platform>-<release>-<date>.x86_64.rpm
Where <platform> is the client platform operating system, <release> is the software release number, and <date> is the NetBackup client package date.
Main_Menu > Manage > Software > Download SYMC_NBAPP_addon_nbclient_Solaris-7.7.1-20150910.x86_64.rpm
For a Windows client package:
Main_Menu > Manage > Software > Download SYMC_NBAPP_addon_nbwin-<release>-<date>.x86_64.rpm
Where <release> is the software release number and <date> is the NetBackup client package date.
Main_Menu > Manage > Software > Download SYMC_NBAPP_addon_nbwin-7.7.1-20150910.x86_64.rpm
- To verify that the rpm has downloaded successfully, enter the following command:
Main_Menu > Manage > Software > List Downloaded
After you run this command on the HA node with the downloaded package, run the command on the other node to make it available on that node.