Gartner Positions Veritas Technologies a Leader in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Center Backup and Recovery Software
Mountain View, CA – June 13, 2016 – Veritas Technologies, the global leader in information management, announced today it has been recognized by Gartner, Inc. in the “Leaders” quadrant of the Magic Quadrant for Data Center Backup and Recovery Software1. Veritas is the only vendor positioned as a Leader since the inception of the report in 1999, and is the #1 market share leader2 for backup and recovery software for 2015.
- Download the full report here.
- Watch the video from Ben Gibson, CMO.
- Read the blog from Scott Anderson, SVP, Information Protection Solutions Business Unit.
“We are honored that Gartner positioned Veritas as a Leader in every published Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Center Backup and Recovery since the report’s inception,” said Ana Pinczuk, Chief Product Officer, Veritas Technologies. “We feel this underscores our ongoing effort to bring our customers the most innovative solutions in information management and solidifies the choice that tens of thousands of enterprises have made, including 86% of the global Fortune 500. For today’s data driven enterprise, the NetBackup Platform offers unparalleled performance at scale across cloud, virtual, and physical workloads delivering unified data protection.”
Key innovations continue to differentiate Veritas:
- Realize the value of the cloud: Whether backing up to the cloud, or protecting workloads in the cloud, NetBackup Cloud Connectors simplify the move to the cloud with single-click integration for a wide range of major cloud service providers including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Nearline Storage, Hitachi Cloud, and nearly any Amazon S3 compatible cloud storage platform.
- Improve performance up to 10x and reduce Capex and Opex: NetBackup Appliances are the fastest growing integrated backup appliance solution providing seamless integration and fast deployment options.
- Powerful Backup as a Service: An intuitive ‘store front’ in NetBackup Self-Service empowers IT and MSPs to deliver backup and recovery as a service to internal and external customers, whether on premise, or in a public or private cloud.
- Radically simplified Oracle database protection: Included in NetBackup 7.7, Copilot for Oracle creates a win-win by allowing the DBA to maintain control over primary backup and recovery operations using familiar RMAN tools while ensuring the backup administrator has full visibility.
- Reduced risk in a constantly changing IT environment: NetBackup Intelligent Policies automate discovery and policy based backups to reduce risk and ensure constantly changing VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V and SQL, and Oracle environments are always protected.
- Best in class performance at scale: NetBackup has proven enterprise performance and scalability for 10,000s of VMs, the largest databases, petabytes of data, in the world’s largest enterprises. Third party competitive benchmark testing has concluded NetBackup is the King of Scale4.
A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader
For over a decade, Veritas has been recognized as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for both Data Center Backup and Recovery Software and Enterprise Information Archiving3.
About Veritas Technologies
Veritas Technologies enables organizations to harness the power of their information, with information management solutions serving the world’s largest and most complex environments. Veritas works with organizations of all sizes, including 86 percent of global Fortune 500 companies, improving data availability and revealing insights to drive competitive advantage. www.veritas.com
Veritas, the Veritas Logo, NetBackup, and Backup Exec are trademarks or registered trademarks of Veritas Technologies LLC or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
1Source: Gartner, Inc., Magic Quadrant for Data Center Backup and Recovery Software, Dave Russell, Pushan Rinnen, Robert Rhame, June 8, 2016
2Source: Gartner, Inc., Market Share: Storage Management Software, Worldwide, 2015, Andrew H Kim, JP Corriveau March 31, 2016
3Source: Gartner, Inc., Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Information Archiving, Alan Dayley, Garth Landers, Anthony Kros, October 29, 2015. Note, from 2005-2009 the research was called
Magic Quadrant for Email Active Archiving.
Market Share: Storage Management Software, Worldwide, 2015: Andrew H Kim, JP Corriveau
4Veritas commissioned the independent 3rd party benchmark testing
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Regina Hoshimi, 415-794-7171