VCS-260: Administration of Veritas InfoScale Availability 7.3 for UNIX/Linux
Although each product varies in complexity and depth of technical knowledge, all certification exams target customers in an administrative role, cover core elements measuring technical knowledge against factors such as installation, configuration, deployment, management & administration, and basic troubleshooting.
This program consists of a technical exam at a product/version level that validates that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully administer Veritas InfoScale Availability 7.3 for UNIX/Linux
Passing this exam will result in a Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS) certification and counts towards the requirements for a Veritas Certified Professional (VCP) certification in Storage Management and High Availability for UNIX.
# of Questions: 75 - 85
Exam Duration: 105 minutes
Passing Score: 71%
Exam Price: $225 USD (or your country’s currency equivalent)
Note: If you do not have prior experience with this product, it is recommended that you complete an in-person, classroom training or Virtual Academy virtual classroom training class in preparation for the VCS exam. Be aware that attending a training course does not guarantee passage of a certification exam.
Recommended preparation steps:
- Exam Preparation Guide (PDF): Download and review the guide to understand the scope of topics covered in the certification exam and how they map to the key lessons and topics in the associated training course(s).
- Attend recommended training classes listed above.
- Gain hands-on experience with the product. Six to twelve months experience working with InfoScale Availability and/or Veritas Cluster Server for UNIX/Linux in a production or lab environment is recommended.
- Sample Exam (PDF): Test yourself and your exam-taking skills using the sample exam
In addition, you should be familiar with the following product documentation and web sites:
Recommended hands-on experience (real world or virtual):
- Recommended 9-12 months experience working with InfoScale Availability in a production or lab environment.
- Recommended 3-6 months experience working with InfoScale Storage in a production or lab environment.
- Recommended knowledge of UNIX/Linux system and network administration.
- Recommended knowledge of storage virtualization and high availability concepts.
- Preparing the environment for Veritas InfoScale Availability
- Installing and configuring Veritas InfoScale Availability
- Managing cluster communications and data protection mechanisms
- Configuring service groups, resources, resource dependencies, agents and resource types
- Configuring failover policies and service group dependencies
- Validating the Veritas InfoScale Availability implementation
- Performing basic troubleshooting
- Configuring global clustering
- Managing and administering InfoScale Availability using the Command Line and Veritas InfoScale Operations Manager (VIOM)
- Deploy, configure and maintain Veritas InfoScale Availability
- Determine how components external to the cluster may impact high availability
- Monitor and manage clusters
- Understand high availability concepts, components and architectures
- Understand the impact of modifying cluster configurations
- Understand users and access in a cluster environment