VCS-324: Administration of Veritas Enterprise Vault 12.3
Although each product varies in complexity and depth of technical knowledge, all certification exams target customers in an administrative role and cover core elements measuring technical knowledge against factors such as installation, configuration, deployment, product administration, management, day-to-day maintenance and basic troubleshooting.
The program consists of the Veritas Enterprise Vault 12.3 technical exam at a product/version level that validates that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully deploy, manage and administer Veritas Enterprise Vault 12.3.
Passing this exam will result in a Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS) certification and counts towards the requirements for a Veritas Certified Professional (VCP) certification in Archiving and eDiscovery.
# of Questions: 75 - 85
Exam duration: 105 minutes
Passing score: 70%
Exam price: $225 USD (or your country’s currency equivalent)
Note: If you do not have prior experience with this product, it is recommended that you complete an in-person, classroom training or Virtual Academy virtual classroom training class in preparation for the VCS exam. Be aware that attending a training course does not guarantee passage of a certification exam.
Recommended preparation steps:
- Exam Preparation Guide (PDF): Download and review the guide to understand the scope of topics covered in the certification exam and how they map to the key lessons and topics in the associated training course(s).
- Attend recommended training classes listed above.
- Gain hands-on experience with the product. 6-9 months experience working with Backup Exec in a production or lab environment is recommended.
- Sample Exam (PDF): Test yourself and your exam-taking skills using the sample exam
In addition, you should be familiar with the following product documentation and web sites:
Recommended hands-on experience (real world or virtual):
- Recommended 6-9 months experience working with Enterprise Vault 12.3 in a production or lab environment.
- Install, configure and manage client add-on on end user machines
- Configure Enterprise Vault servers, Outlook Vault Cache and Virtual Vault/Office Mail App/OWA
- Add and configure archiving tasks, targets and policies
- Verify Enterprise Vault is successfully archiving from target platforms (e.g., SMTP/O365, File System Archiving, SharePoint, Exchange)
- Implement and manage Exchange provisioning groups, mailbox enablement, and synchronization
- Configure and manage indexes, databases and Enterprise Vault storage (e.g., storage queues, vault store groups, vault stores and standard/smart vault store partitions)
- Implement and manage archives in an Enterprise Vault environment and monitor archive usage reports
- Manage Exchange databases and mailboxes as necessary for proper interaction with Enterprise Vault
- Implement and manage journal archiving
- Install and configure additional Enterprise Vault servers and services for an existing site