VCS-220: Administration of Veritas System Recovery 2013
Although each product varies in complexity and depth of technical knowledge, all certification exams target customers in an administrative role, cover core elements measuring technical knowledge against factors such as overview and architecture, installation, configuration, management and reporting.
This program consists of technical exams at a product/version level that validate that the successful candidate has knowledge and skills necessary to install, configure and maintain System Recovery 2013.
Passing this exam will result in a Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS) certification.
# of Questions: 60 - 70
Exam Duration: 90 minutes
Passing Score: 61%
Languages: English, Japanese
Exam Price: $225 USD (or your country’s currency equivalent)
- Symantec System Recovery 2011 for Windows: Administration
- Symantec System Recovery 2013: Differences course
Find available Instructor-Led Training (ILT) or Virtual Academy (VA) classes or visit the online eLibrary for self-paced training.
Note: If you do not have prior experience with this product, it is recommended that you complete an in-person, classroom training or Virtual Academy virtual classroom training class in preparation for the VCS exam. If you have experience with this product, you may find an online course equivalent to be sufficient. Be cautioned that attendance in a training course does not guarantee passage of a certification exam.
Below includes the recommended preparation to achieve this level of expertise.
Familiarity with product documentation:
- Symantec System Recovery 2013 User’s Guide Windows Edition
- Symantec System Recovery 2013 User's Guide Linux Edition
- Symantec System Recovery 2013 Windows Edition Readme
- Symantec System Recovery 2013 Linux Edition Readme
- Symantec System Recovery 2013 Installation Guides (Windows and Linux)
- Symantec System Recovery 2013 Administrator’s Guide
- Symantec System Recovery 2013 Utilities Guide
- Symantec System Recovery 2013 Requirements and Compatibility Guide
- Symantec System Recovery 2013 Maintenance Guide
- Symantec System Recovery 2013 Lookup Plug-in Guide
- Release Notes
Familiarity with operating systems and databases:
- Microsoft Active Directory administration and maintenance
- Relational database administration and maintenance
- Windows 2003 Server and RHEL (Linux) administration and maintenance
Examples of Symantec System Recovery 2013 Hands-on Experience (Real World or Virtual):
- Install Symantec System Recovery 2013 to a desktop or laptop system
- Create and execute a ‘recovery point set’ backup job
- Create and execute a ‘files and folders’ backup job
- Create and execute a ‘virtual conversion’ job
- Adjust the default performance slider option
- Adjust the type and priority of messages saved to the log file
- Add an email address to receive SMTP messages
- Deploy the Symantec System Recovery Agent to a remote computer using the standard console
- Mount a recovery point using the Recovery Point Browser application
- Boot a physical or virtual machine using the Symantec Recovery Disk
- Create a ‘cold image’ backup
Examples of Symantec System Recovery 2013 Management Solution Hands-on Experience (Real World or Virtual):
- Install the Symantec Installation Manager program to a Windows 2003 (x86) or 2008 R2 (x64) server
- Use the Symantec Installation Manager program to install the Symantec System Recovery 2013 Management Solution
- Deploy the following components to one or more remote clients: Symantec Management Agent, Symantec System Recovery Plug-in, Symantec System Recovery 2013
- Deploy a Symantec System Recovery 2013 license key to one or more remote clients
- Define a backup location
- Define and deploy a backup policy to one or more remote clients
- Define and deploy a ‘run now’ task to one or more remote clients
To register for an exam, follow these instructions.
Email Certification Team